Author Topic: Rooting 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Tablets  (Read 3436 times)

Offline tweak45

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Received: 75
  • Uber-Noobie
  • Tablet / Size / Model: Zeepad 7" Excelvan Q88+ 7" Actions ATM7021 7"
Rooting 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Tablets
« on: March 11, 2014, 11:08:24 PM »
For those of you who have had major problems rooting Tabs/Phones running 4.2.2 Jelly Bean, I found a solution that worked for me.

First, the Tablet specifics:

ExcelVan branded cheap Chinese Q88+, Dual Camera, A13b.
Model number: Q88
Firmware version: V1.22
Kernel version: 3.0.8+ root@tom-desktop #73 Wed Sep 4 21:03:56 CST 2013
Build number: nuclear_ococci-eng4.2.2 JDQ39 20130817 test-keys

Tried rooting this tab using Uberizer v1.4 and v1.8. No Joy. Took a bit but I found this link:

http://www.cydiaimpactor.com/

On that page, there is a link to download Cydia Impactor for whatever OS you are running on your desktop/laptop. This is the rooting tool. Before running the tool, you might want to check and see that the exploits the tool uses haven't been patched on your Android device. To do that, there are two programs linked. The author of the page recommends this link:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.backessrt.appintegrity

This is SRT AppScanner. It will tell you if those exploits have been closed. It is also good for finding malicious apps, (and it's free), so it's a nice program to have around.

For me, neither of the exploits was patched so it was a simple matter of plugging the tablet in to the computer, unzipping Cyndia Impactor, running the executable, wait 15 seconds and Viola', Root Access as determined by Root Check. Just to be sure, I rebooted the tab, rechecked with Root Check and then ran Root Explorer. Both showed that the tablet  is now rooted.

The author explains that this may not work on all devices running 4.2.2 Jelly Bean, but this one worked for me without all the headaches of losing track of my internal storage so I thought I'd put it on here. Hopefully, it will help others who are having problems rooting devices with 4.2.2 Jelly Bean installed.

Online twjordo

• TechKnow Co-Owner
  • Administrator
  • Uber Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5270
  • -Received: 2423
  • Tablet / Size / Model: =   :cool-android:    :android-wink:    :cool-android:
Re: Rooting 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Tablets
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2014, 04:25:19 PM »
this is confirmed to work for Actions ATM7021 device as well  8-)
Guest consider a donation  - Thanks!
▌│█║▌║▌║ ⓤⓑⓔⓡⓞⓘⓓ + ⓤⓑⓔⓡⓘⓩⓔⓡ ║▌║▌║█│▌
™©®