Author Topic: Hacking my A13 (Hipstreet Flare)  (Read 1011 times)

Offline forbiddenera

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Received: 0
  • Uber-Noobie
Hacking my A13 (Hipstreet Flare)
« on: November 04, 2013, 05:01:28 AM »
Does anyone else have a Hipstreet Flare 8GB?

I failed to properly back up my stock rom before flashing my tablet. Big mistake. Was before I found techknow or knew how crappy these things really are. I've emailed support asking for one, if they make it available, I will post it.

So I have a few questions about hacking my crappy tablet..

Firstly, it seems that the partition layouts are different between all devices. Is there not a way to simply rebuild the partition table? Would you want to do this? I suppose you could easily brick it if you didn't do it right but..

Does anyone have any details about how the tablet boots, how the partitions work, etc.. Obviously there's a built in method for flashing (PVP 10sec, hold key, plug usb, tap power button several times).. What about the stock recovery? is there one? Is there a partition with the stock rom in it for recovery, I'm guessing no..

I hate that no one else has my craplet /ahem/ tablet.

Offline satcomranger

• Administrator
  • Uber Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 298
  • -Received: 4410
  • I'm old - But still Learning
  • Tablet / Size / Model: VIA WM8650/ 7" / Option 8 / MID-703
Re: Hacking my A13 (Hipstreet Flare)
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2013, 04:59:21 PM »

I failed to properly back up my stock rom before flashing my tablet. Big mistake. Was before I found techknow or knew how crappy these things really are. I've emailed support asking for one, if they make it available, I will post it.

Firstly, it seems that the partition layouts are different between all devices. Is there not a way to simply rebuild the partition table? Would you want to do this? I suppose you could easily brick it if you didn't do it right but..

Does anyone have any details about how the tablet boots, how the partitions work, etc.. Obviously there's a built in method for flashing (PVP 10sec, hold key, plug usb, tap power button several times).. What about the stock recovery? is there one? Is there a partition with the stock rom in it for recovery, I'm guessing no..

sure you can rebuild the partition table .. it is called FLASHING with the CORRECT ROM .. 

There are at least 3 known layouts ... 9, 10, 11  partitions ...  be glad your dont have a dell streak 7 there are 21

usually there is no recovery at all ... and some tabs a very primitive one just to occupy space in the nand ... if you want to use cwm  then there are 3 of those also
and on some odd ball tablet fsebentley built a 4 th one !
I used to have a partition table ( actually there are 2 of them that Allwinner laid out)  see if i can find it ..?
http://linux-sunxi.org/Android/partitions
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 05:24:48 PM by satcomranger »
Tab 1-Via WM8650 Option 8,Green Power/Red Charge, Black Audio - Vibrate No - 2 Point Touch Uberoid V12B2
Tab 2-Flytouch 3/Superpad 3 - Axlien (Based on Tim4e)
Tab 3-Dell Streak 7 Wifi Stock Honeycomb 3.2
Tab 4-M799CA V2.0 Running TKT3.2A
Retired Electronics Tech / Network Engineer

Offline fsebentley

• Global Moderator
  • Uber Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 168
  • -Received: 620
  • Fiddlin with Androids
  • Tablet / Size / Model: 7 inch Generic A13 Mid Q88/infotmic 10 inch UnKnown/Pandigital 7 inch Black built like white ?
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2013, 11:52:57 PM »

sure you can rebuild the partition table .. it is called FLASHING with the CORRECT ROM .. 

There are at least 3 known layouts ... 9, 10, 11  partitions ...  be glad your dont have a dell streak 7 there are 21

usually there is no recovery at all ... and some tabs a very primitive one just to occupy space in the nand ... if you want to use cwm  then there are 3 of those also
and on some odd ball tablet fsebentley built a 4 th one !
I used to have a partition table ( actually there are 2 of them that Allwinner laid out)  see if i can find it ..?
http://linux-sunxi.org/Android/partitions

Here is another nice discussion of the Partitioning scheme most commonly used on the A13 Tabs and detailed
descriptions of the contents of each: http://www.imajeenyus.com/computer/20130301_android_tablet/android/partitions_detailed.html#nandi

Offline forbiddenera

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Received: 0
  • Uber-Noobie
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2013, 09:39:42 AM »
Thanks for that.. Still would love original rom. can't find a working gsensor or cam driver. not that its a huge concern.

Offline Dave72

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Received: 1
  • Uber-Noobie
  • Tablet / Size / Model: Hipstreet Flare 9" HS-9DTB4-8GB
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2014, 04:49:02 AM »
Thread is a few months old but.. in the interest of closure..

I have the same unit, and found good results with the method here;
http://www.techknow.me/forum/index.php?topic=5765.0

And from another forum's "SilverX69";

Grab ft5x_ts, goodix_ts, gslX680, nt11003+mxc32x0 from Toxicro's links.
 Open the file 'setupsensors.sh'  (Use Notepad++ )
 Remove this line: insmod /system/vendor/modules/mxc32x0.ko
 Insert the following..

#ts sensors
insmod /system/vendor/modules/ft5x_ts.ko
insmod /system/vendor/modules/goodix_ts.ko
insmod /system/vendor/modules/nt11003.ko
insmod /system/vendor/modules/gslX680.ko
#g sensor
insmod /system/vendor/modules/mma7660.ko

Then run the "run.bat"

The only thing missing is the camera.

Hipstreet Flare HS-9DTB4-8gb  9"