Author Topic: MID M709W Factory Firmware  (Read 9837 times)

Offline TJSki1985

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Received: 2
  • Uber-Noobie
  • Tablet / Size / Model: MID M709 7 inch
MID M709W Factory Firmware
« on: December 26, 2011, 04:24:47 AM »
HCH,
In one of your posts it sais to send you the origional firmware to get it supported. The firmware can be downloaded here:
http://mymidpad.com/Downloads.html
it is the
Mid 709 Refresh Operation System
the direct link is
http://mymidpad.com/Downloads_M709.html
if you could get it supported it would be greatly appreciated.
If you can't its not big deal.

Offline Gary

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 111
  • -Received: 98
  • Tablet / Size / Model: WM8650 / 7" / Eken M009S
Re: MID M709W Factory Firmware
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2011, 04:33:54 AM »
Hi TJSki1985,

Many models that gave no name or brand are supported; over 110 in Uberoid v10 and over 135 different variants targeted in v11 soon. I'm just curious why you seem so certain none of the existing options will work for your tablet. Have you tried all the options in your screen size? If so, what were the results?
My tablet: 7"  Eken M009S (small blue dot on back)
Green power LED (red on charge), black audio port
Dual-touch, no vibrate, 256 Mb RAM, 2Gb storage

Current Uberoid v: 11 beta 3 - Option 30

Offline carefreeinaz

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Received: 1
  • Uber-Noobie
  • Tablet / Size / Model: Wonder Media/7"/8650
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2011, 08:53:15 PM »
For the Android 7" Tablet 2.2, MID 709b, I tried most of the recommended fixes available here. BUT THIS ONE FINALLY WORKED. I purchased device from ebay, which came from china. MID 70009 aka m709. If you follow the link to http://mymidpad.com/Downloads_M709.html very simple and direct. NO OPTIONS, no changer, at least I didn't have to use one if it was available. Anyway, after spending all of christmas day n night trying to fix the new devices, 4 of them, they all now work as they should. Very good research TJSki1985, thanks alot. Happy Holidays!

HCH,
In one of your posts it sais to send you the origional firmware to get it supported. The firmware can be downloaded here:
http://mymidpad.com/Downloads.html
it is the
Mid 709 Refresh Operation System
the direct link is
http://mymidpad.com/Downloads_M709.html
if you could get it supported it would be greatly appreciated.
If you can't its not big deal.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2011, 09:02:29 PM by carefreeinaz »

Offline HardcoreHacker

• Administrator
  • Uber Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6703
  • -Received: 2000
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2011, 08:58:44 PM »
I'll see if I can find more info about this model, else I'll just add it to the list :)

BTW , what LED color has your tablet? Green/Blue?

Cheers!

Offline carefreeinaz

• Thank You
  • Uber-Noobie
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2011, 09:30:25 PM »
(((Green))), but the instructuions say something about it doesn't matter what the color is if you are downloading the OEM android 2.2 operating system. My devices are the $89.00 ones and the processors are only 800.
Model Number: wonder media WM8650, Android Version: 2.2, Kernal Version: 2.6.32.9-default, Build Number: generic-eng2.2 froyo Ver1.5.5-20110920.013830.

Processor: VIA MW8650 High-performance 800MHZ CPU+300MHZ DSP
Frequency: 800Mhz
Memory RAM: 256MB
 Flash Memory: 4GB (2GB Free) (Expandable by T-flash card to 32GB)
 WiFi: 802.11 b / g
3G Function:
 - TD-CDMA:TD368
 - WCDMA:Huawei E220/E230/E160X/E169G/E1750
 - Alcatel X060S/X200

Offline HardcoreHacker

• Administrator
  • Uber Member
  • Thank You
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2011, 09:54:42 PM »
Hey carefreeinaz,

thanks for this info! I'll better start working on adding this to the supported models now!

hang around, I think another 2hours and Uberoid v11 BETA3 is finally done, that ROM should have this model supported.

Let me know in this topic if v11 solves your problems with this tablet!

Cheers,

HcH

Offline carefreeinaz

• Thank You
  • Uber-Noobie
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2011, 10:11:36 PM »
You guys & all the members of your website are awesome! Thanks for the heads up! The kids are all happy to! Let us know if you need more info. 

Offline HardcoreHacker

• Administrator
  • Uber Member
  • Thank You
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2011, 10:14:14 PM »
Thanks carefreeinaz!

Well, if you would like to tell me if the new support for this tablet works that would be awesome!

Thanks in advance!

HcH

Offline lost@sea

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Received: 3
  • Uber-Noobie
  • Tablet / Size / Model: 7" m709b
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2011, 11:28:59 PM »
I have a 709b with option 26 working and a 709w with option 8. M709b has volume problem. (too loud) just FYI.

Edit: sorry forgot to say thanks. Thanks for everything!

One more thing. W has green headphone jack and multitouch screen.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2011, 11:56:10 PM by lost@sea »

Offline HardcoreHacker

• Administrator
  • Uber Member
  • Thank You
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2011, 11:57:09 PM »
Hi lost@sea,

that's interesting info! I'm now uploading v11 beta3 which has a special option for the 709/709b. I already expected other options work on this model since the difference is the TS calibration, just to make sure the TS is proper when it's installed I've included this option.

Thanks for the feedback!

HcH

Offline teawanda

• Thank You
  • -Received: 0
  • Uber-Noobie
  • Tablet / Size / Model: MID 7009S
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2011, 07:29:26 PM »
All, I have a couple of questions about this tablet. I purchased two for Xmas for kids. Overall its decent for the kids. Problem is the speed/performance on certain games, specifically Fruit Ninga. I've purchased an SD card which I moved the gaming apps to but that did little to help the performance. I'm a little confused as to what carefreeinaz had to 'fix' on tablets, were they non functioning or is the link to the Refresh operating system an upgrade? Did this help performance? Or should I follow the instructions on loading the Uberoid, possibly version 11. I have a 709s. I think the letters indicate the color, b=black, s=silver, w=white, but I could be wrong please let me know if so. Thanks for any input.

Offline TJSki1985

• Thank You
  • -Received: 2
  • Uber-Noobie
  • Tablet / Size / Model: MID M709 7 inch
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2011, 05:51:43 AM »
I tried all possibly types for my size screen. None of the touch screen worked. i managed to get it working by using a file from the original software from the website. However, I didn't know if it would help to have the original firmware. It also has firmware for other MID tablets.

Offline HardcoreHacker

• Administrator
  • Uber Member
  • Thank You
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2011, 04:27:09 PM »
Hi TJSki,

There are indeed more members who have the same problem as you have on a 7" tablet, seems like a new model entered (I thought the WM8650 was EOL) Anyway, it would be a great help to have this firmware, please let me know where to get it and I'll try to support this new 7" model in the next Uberoid update (beta4)

Cheers,

HcH

Offline margaretb62

• Site Donor
  • Thank You
  • Uber-Noobie
  • Tablet / Size / Model: M709B 7" Wondermedia 8650
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2012, 12:56:29 AM »
 I have a 4gb M709B that would not boot past the green android screen. It has a green led when on (red when charging) and the screen says Android 2.2, Kernel 2.6.3.2, Build 1.5.5.  I have gotten it to boot and seemingly install the OS once using the 709 download located at this site http://mymidpad.com/Downloads_M709.html. I calibrated the touch screen, set the date and time and looked at a few of the apps.  Shut it off and rebooted a couple of times.  After the third shut down, it reverted to the green android screen.  Today, I was able to boot the device using universal_uberoid_wm8650_v10.1_www.techknowforum.net option 27.  I followed instructions and took the SD card out when told to.  The same thing happened again.  I have noted that each time I have successfully booted, I have had to run the battery down completely and connect the device to external power.  Also, when it powers up to the green android screen, there are vertical lines all across the screen and the little green android stands there until all the power fades.  Is this an OS issue or hardware problem?  It's fun to play with while it plays.  Thank you for a great forum.

Online twjordo

• Administrator
  • Uber Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4865
  • -Received: 2302
  • Tablet / Size / Model: =   :cool-android:    :android-wink:    :cool-android:
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2012, 01:04:57 AM »
I have a 4gb M709B that would not boot past the green android screen. It has a green led when on (red when charging) and the screen says Android 2.2, Kernel 2.6.3.2, Build 1.5.5.  I have gotten it to boot and seemingly install the OS once using the 709 download located at this site http://mymidpad.com/Downloads_M709.html. I calibrated the touch screen, set the date and time and looked at a few of the apps.  Shut it off and rebooted a couple of times.  After the third shut down, it reverted to the green android screen.  Today, I was able to boot the device using universal_uberoid_wm8650_v10.1_www.techknowforum.net option 27.  I followed instructions and took the SD card out when told to.  The same thing happened again.  I have noted that each time I have successfully booted, I have had to run the battery down completely and connect the device to external power.  Also, when it powers up to the green android screen, there are vertical lines all across the screen and the little green android stands there until all the power fades.  Is this an OS issue or hardware problem?  It's fun to play with while it plays.  Thank you for a great forum.

I have a 709b with option 26 working and a 709w with option 8. M709b has volume problem. (too loud) just FYI.

Edit: sorry forgot to say thanks. Thanks for everything!

One more thing. W has green headphone jack and multitouch screen.

margaretb62--- & ---lost@sea------>>

try option 26.... if the volume is too loud then you can type " audio "   in the changer before selecting your option to turn audio boost on/off
Guest consider a donation  - Thanks!
▌│█║▌║▌║ ⓤⓑⓔⓡⓞⓘⓓ + ⓤⓑⓔⓡⓘⓩⓔⓡ ║▌║▌║█│▌
™©®

Offline margaretb62

• Site Donor
  • Thank You
  • Uber-Noobie
  • Tablet / Size / Model: M709B 7" Wondermedia 8650
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2012, 11:58:22 PM »
Great news.  My 4gb Wondermedia M709B booted this morning after I ran the battery down over night.  I violated every rule in the book and rather than shut it off and receive the colored vertical lines with the little green android peering through, I inserted a fat32 formatted microsd card containing Uberoid version 11 Beta3, set to Option 61 and did a factory reset.  The Uberoid install started from the microsd.  Followed the instructions and removed the microsd when instructed.  The machine is working.  I have installed Kindle on it.  Amazon market installed and Angry Birds played.  I have just shut it off and rebooted for the third time since the installation.  Touch screen calibrates without problems and sound is fine.  I am on the Android market. Thank you for all you information and AWSOME FAQs.

i have edited post to bring attention to the tablet name so other members do not get the m709w confused with the m709b                                        enjoy!! -twjordo
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 12:12:44 AM by twjordo »

Offline carefreeinaz

• Thank You
  • Uber-Noobie
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2012, 03:06:37 AM »
I finally got a chance to install Uberoid v11 onto an Android 7" tablet by wondermedia M709b. I used changer option 61 and followed all instructions. Also used "audio" to turn power boost on. My tablet now works better then it ever has. BUT there is one thing I would like to add, which I don't think has been mentioned, or perhaps I just didn't see it, BE sure to remove the Uberoid files from your sdcard after installing the Uberoid OS. Otherwise everytime you turn on the power it will re-install. Once Uberoid is installed you no longer need the Uberoid data on the sdcard.
Thank you HCH and thanks to all who contributed their questions and answers to this forum.

Offline simulanics

• Thank You
  • Uber-Noobie
  • Tablet / Size / Model: MID-M709B
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2012, 03:33:25 AM »
Great news.  My 4gb Wondermedia M709B booted this morning after I ran the battery down over night.  I violated every rule in the book and rather than shut it off and receive the colored vertical lines with the little green android peering through, I inserted a fat32 formatted microsd card containing Uberoid version 11 Beta3, set to Option 61 and did a factory reset.  The Uberoid install started from the microsd.  Followed the instructions and removed the microsd when instructed.  The machine is working.  I have installed Kindle on it.  Amazon market installed and Angry Birds played.  I have just shut it off and rebooted for the third time since the installation.  Touch screen calibrates without problems and sound is fine.  I am on the Android market. Thank you for all you information and AWSOME FAQs.

i have edited post to bring attention to the tablet name so other members do not get the m709w confused with the m709b                                        enjoy!! -twjordo

hello margaret... I have a 709b as well..tried option 61 and having issues with touch not working...what exactly did you do to overcome this issue? any help appreciated ..thanks in advance.

Offline mariano12

• Thank You
  • Uber-Noobie
  • Tablet / Size / Model: 7/allwinner/robot2
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2014, 03:59:33 AM »
thanks for posting firmware sir i try this one now because i have this tablet!