Author Topic: Calibrate A13b touchscreen on stealth trio pro  (Read 5849 times)

Offline Zansa777

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Received: 2
  • Uber-Noobie
  • Tablet / Size / Model: Stealth Trio Pro 7c
Calibrate A13b touchscreen on stealth trio pro
« on: July 19, 2013, 03:26:56 PM »
I apologize if this question has been answered on the forum, but I've been searching for almost two weeks now trying to get it working. It's my first time working with a tablet (I normally do smartphones) and I backed up with uberizer and it didn't get the bootloader.img which I thought might just be something with tablets so I foolishly ignored it. Anyway, I got a few custom roms that work fine and the solomonsam seems to be the best working TS driver but on the right side of the screen the touch is a little off to the left. But then in the center of the screen touching doesn't work at all. And then on the left side of the screen it's off to the left and up. I have all the information from the original rom except the bootloader. I have the script.bin and everything and tried editing that and I tried TScalibration2 and a few other calibration apps but to no avail. I have a trio7c stealth pro A13 model with FaaastJB 4.1.1 rom. Sorry for rambling.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 03:26:42 PM by twjordo »

Offline satcomranger

• TechKnow Co-Owner
  • Administrator
  • Uber Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 304
  • -Received: 4650
  • I'm old - But still Learning
  • Tablet / Size / Model: VIA WM8650/ 7" / Option 8 / MID-703
Re: Calibrate A13b touchscreen on custom rom
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2013, 06:25:08 PM »
reload the stock rom from your seller ..

your correct parameters are in the bootloader ...
Tab 1-Via WM8650 Option 8,Green Power/Red Charge, Black Audio - Vibrate No - 2 Point Touch Uberoid V12B2
Tab 2-Flytouch 3/Superpad 3 - Axlien (Based on Tim4e)
Tab 3-Dell Streak 7 Wifi Stock Honeycomb 3.2
Tab 4-M799CA V2.0 Running TKT3.2A
Retired Electronics Tech / Network Engineer

Offline Zansa777

• Thank You
  • Uber-Noobie
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2013, 06:39:04 PM »
There's like 0 support for this model. It was bought from Sears. I was going to just buy another one of the same one and dump the image from the new one and load it on the old one but they don't have this same model anymore. I also looked online for the exact model as well as the firmware but can't find it. I have the parameters and the settings and everything, like I said I have the script.bin from the original so I know exactly what drivers it uses and everything. The drivers are installed it's just not calibrated properly. Here's the system info and a text document of the script.bin.

Offline satcomranger

• TechKnow Co-Owner
  • Administrator
  • Uber Member
  • Thank You
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2013, 07:13:52 PM »
There's like 0 support for this model. It was bought from Sears. I was going to just buy another one of the same one and dump the image from the new one and load it on the old one but they don't have this same model anymore. I also looked online for the exact model as well as the firmware but can't find it. I have the parameters and the settings and everything, like I said I have the script.bin from the original so I know exactly what drivers it uses and everything. The drivers are installed it's just not calibrated properly. Here's the system info and a text document of the script.bin.

Compare your stock roms bootloader / script.bin file .. and chagne the values in whatever rom you have now !
Tab 1-Via WM8650 Option 8,Green Power/Red Charge, Black Audio - Vibrate No - 2 Point Touch Uberoid V12B2

Offline Zansa777

• Thank You
  • Uber-Noobie
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2013, 08:15:00 PM »
I've done that, I've even tried replacing the whole thing. Everything works perfectly fine it's just the touchscreen calibration. I tried changing values to 0 and deleting some and commenting them out and even changing the format of how it's written from the new script.bin to the old one. All I need is to calibrate the screen. Everything else is perfect. And I spent over a week messing with the script.bin.

Offline satcomranger

• TechKnow Co-Owner
  • Administrator
  • Uber Member
  • Thank You
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2013, 08:32:22 PM »
I've done that, I've even tried replacing the whole thing. Everything works perfectly fine it's just the touchscreen calibration. I tried changing values to 0 and deleting some and commenting them out and even changing the format of how it's written from the new script.bin to the old one. All I need is to calibrate the screen. Everything else is perfect. And I spent over a week messing with the script.bin.
well there is no internal touch cal on capacitive screens
if you cant get your edits to work
or external apps dont work to cal it
then flash back to stock rom !

Offline Zansa777

• Thank You
  • Uber-Noobie
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2013, 08:35:22 PM »
Unfortunately I couldn't find the stock rom and I went through all the 13B roms and a few more Sun5i roms in the A13 rom collection and none of them work :-/. I guess I'll just wait till I can find the same model and transfer over the image or hope more support for this model becomes available. Thanks for taking the time out to respond.

Offline fsebentley

• Global Moderator
  • Uber Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 190
  • -Received: 766
  • Fiddlin with Androids
  • Tablet / Size / Model: 7 inch Generic A13 Mid Q88/infotmic 10 inch UnKnown/Pandigital 7 inch Black built like white ?
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2013, 12:47:00 PM »
Unfortunately I couldn't find the stock rom and I went through all the 13B roms and a few more Sun5i roms in the A13 rom collection and none of them work :-/. I guess I'll just wait till I can find the same model and transfer over the image or hope more support for this model becomes available. Thanks for taking the time out to respond.

Have you tried to use a different version of the ts driver ? there are several for almost every TS out there, if there was a Rom
in which your TS worked correctly try the driver from it in place of the one being loaded that is giving you issues.

Offline Zansa777

• Thank You
  • Uber-Noobie
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2013, 03:00:47 PM »
I've tried several drivers in and the solomonsam worked best. I did find a modified version of it from lithius but that one caused the screen to be 180 degrees off and the same problem persisted with the calibration. I can find several working roms but any of them that has the touchscreen working seem to have the same calibration problem. I had found a link a guy posted on how to manually calibrate a chinese tablet by changing the values in a notepad but whenever I try any change my rom stops working. If someone knows how to manually calibrate a tablet that would help a lot.

Offline satcomranger

• TechKnow Co-Owner
  • Administrator
  • Uber Member
  • Thank You
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2013, 05:10:18 PM »
I've tried several drivers in and the solomonsam worked best. I did find a modified version of it from lithius but that one caused the screen to be 180 degrees off and the same problem persisted with the calibration. I can find several working roms but any of them that has the touchscreen working seem to have the same calibration problem. I had found a link a guy posted on how to manually calibrate a chinese tablet by changing the values in a notepad but whenever I try any change my rom stops working. If someone knows how to manually calibrate a tablet that would help a lot.

DO NOT EDIT in notepad .. thry notepad++
windows notepad will break a linux file ..

Offline Zansa777

• Thank You
  • Uber-Noobie
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2013, 03:35:22 PM »
I don't use the notepad to edit it, I only copied it to notepad so I could open it to view it whenever. I use uberizer to i8 i9 i10 i11 and i12 to pull script.bin, convert script.bin to fex, edit fex, convert fex to script.bin and push the new script.bin

Offline ersatzorama

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Received: 3
  • Uber-Noobie
  • Tablet / Size / Model: Mach Speed Trio Stealth Pro 7
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2013, 11:29:17 AM »
on the right side of the screen the touch is a little off to the left. But then in the center of the screen touching doesn't work at all. And then on the left side of the screen it's off to the left and up

I'm having the exact same problem as you do/did with my Trio Stealth Pro 7c. My original firmware was fine, but after trying several ROMs (including FaaastJB v1 and 2, CM10) my TS seems to be broken. I managed to revert to the original firmware with the Uberizer backup I made, but the problem persists. I also tried another Uberizer firmware backup someone over at xda uploaded, but the touchscreen remains uncalibrated.

Now, I strongly suspect that what we are experiencing is related to this http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?1545-How-to-fix-a-A10-AllWinner-ft5X-touch-screen!. The site mentions that the TS chip's, in my case a ft5x, EEPROM is erased when flashing a custom ROM and that even when going back to your original ROM this EEPROM is not reflashed, leading to a badly calibrated touch screen.

I have only just come across this information and have not been able to try it. I have found that the line mentioned the post (ctp_fetch_sysconfig_para: script_parser_fetch firmware_upgrade_used = 0) is indeed missing from my TS driver. I am not exactly experienced, so if people here have ideas on how to proceed, all help is welcome!

Offline fsebentley

• Global Moderator
  • Uber Member
  • Thank You
  • Fiddlin with Androids
  • Tablet / Size / Model: 7 inch Generic A13 Mid Q88/infotmic 10 inch UnKnown/Pandigital 7 inch Black built like white ?
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2013, 11:17:09 PM »
on the right side of the screen the touch is a little off to the left. But then in the center of the screen touching doesn't work at all. And then on the left side of the screen it's off to the left and up

I'm having the exact same problem as you do/did with my Trio Stealth Pro 7c. My original firmware was fine, but after trying several ROMs (including FaaastJB v1 and 2, CM10) my TS seems to be broken. I managed to revert to the original firmware with the Uberizer backup I made, but the problem persists. I also tried another Uberizer firmware backup someone over at xda uploaded, but the touchscreen remains uncalibrated.

Now, I strongly suspect that what we are experiencing is related to this http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?1545-How-to-fix-a-A10-AllWinner-ft5X-touch-screen!. The site mentions that the TS chip's, in my case a ft5x, EEPROM is erased when flashing a custom ROM and that even when going back to your original ROM this EEPROM is not reflashed, leading to a badly calibrated touch screen.

I have only just come across this information and have not been able to try it. I have found that the line mentioned the post (ctp_fetch_sysconfig_para: script_parser_fetch firmware_upgrade_used = 0) is indeed missing from my TS driver. I am not exactly experienced, so if people here have ideas on how to proceed, all help is welcome!

I read that article and it does seem to address the issues of strange TS behavior. I have also seen some of the
ctp_para sections on certain Roms with the firmware Upgrade lines... That article and those lines will come in handy
for Rom Dev work.... And prevention of this at least in my own work.

Offline ersatzorama

• Thank You
  • Uber-Noobie
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2013, 04:00:35 AM »
I have also seen some of the ctp_para sections on certain Roms with the firmware Upgrade lines...

You don't happen to remember on which ROM you've seen it, by any chance? And did you use it on an A13 tablet? Finding a ft5x_ts.ko driver with that line apparently is half the work of fixing it..

Offline fsebentley

• Global Moderator
  • Uber Member
  • Thank You
  • Fiddlin with Androids
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2013, 10:02:53 AM »
I have also seen some of the ctp_para sections on certain Roms with the firmware Upgrade lines...

You don't happen to remember on which ROM you've seen it, by any chance? And did you use it on an A13 tablet? Finding a ft5x_ts.ko driver with that line apparently is half the work of fixing it..

Offhand I dont recall the exact ROM However it was for a differnt TS i dont recall the exact name but it was not ft5x ...
which was one of the headaches about it... it was a problem on Cooked getting it to work with a users TAB.
I remember it because he fix would have required me to alter Cookedrom to use those lines and also add the required
files... I was  not familiar with that and knew there were potential TS kllers associated so I ended up recommending
he go back to stock rom.

Offline Zansa777

• Thank You
  • Uber-Noobie
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2013, 01:34:14 AM »
I managed to revert to the original firmware with the Uberizer backup I made, but the problem persists. I also tried another Uberizer firmware backup someone over at xda uploaded, but the touchscreen remains uncalibrated.

Would you be able to send me the firmwares so I can try it on my own tablet. It didn't work for you so I doubt it will work for me so it's worth a try. Additionally, if you have the same model (mine has no HDMI port) then at least I'll be able to get the boot loader back. I'll look into the EEPROM thing and see if I can learn how to fix it. Thank you very much for the information.

Offline ersatzorama

• Thank You
  • Uber-Noobie
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2013, 01:42:55 PM »
Would you be able to send me the firmwares so I can try it on my own tablet.

This is the Uberizer backup someone made after just having bought the Trio Stealth Pro 7c. It looked a bit different from the Android version on my Trio, but it's a start. http://www.4shared.com/zip/mY_Meu1m/FW_BACKUP_20130405_0514.html from this post http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=40086872&postcount=4637 over at xda.

I've just reset my own tablet (to erase my Google account details), now making a backup of that firmware and putting that up soon! Look out for the update!

EDIT: I've uploaded my own Uberizer backup. Link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3892785/FW_BACKUP_20130820_0754.zip. I noticed it does have the Google Play store, but otherwise it's stock.. Good luck!
EDIT2: To answer your other question: yes, mine is an A13 Trio Stealth Pro 7c too (no HDMI)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 02:26:45 PM by ersatzorama »

Offline Zansa777

• Thank You
  • Uber-Noobie
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2013, 05:01:05 PM »
Thank you for that. I pulled the script.bin from your bootloader.img and compared it to mine. It's almost identical, definitely the same device though, however, it seems your gt811 driver is used at ctp0 and your ft5x is used as ctp1. There were a few other minor differences. In my case, gt811 is present but seems to be edited out for some reason.

I tried to restore my device with your uberizer backup (also using uberizer) for some reason it didn't work (idk why). It left me with the android logo (pretty much brick but I used a safety pin to reset it and restore with a livesuite backup) and then tried the uberizer backup from the XDA (which the script.bin is 100% identical to mine). But the same results. I can't understand why the  backup would not work.

I tried what you showed me on a faaastjb v1 rom but it didn't work (which I didn't expect it to). However, I was wondering if it would work on the stock rom. I was planning on taking your bootloader and replacing your script.bin with my own, but then realized I don't know how to do that. So what I did was I used uberizer to restore it and before restarting, pushed my own script.bin. But it bricked again.

But I worked on your script.bin and followed the steps to see if I could get your touchscreen working. If it works for you, theoretically, it should work for me if I could get the stock rom back. I attached a zip file with two folders, just run the batch file. They are essentialy the same thing but with two different eeprom firmwares. Let me know if they work please.

Offline ersatzorama

• Thank You
  • Uber-Noobie
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2013, 03:25:12 AM »
Thanks for the files! I'm at work now, but will try them out when I get home tonight! Very curious if it will work or not... Fingers crossed!

UPDATE: No success, I'm afraid. After flashing both firmwares the touch screen became completely unresponsive. Let me know if you need any output..
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 10:59:51 AM by ersatzorama »

Offline Zansa777

• Thank You
  • Uber-Noobie
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2013, 02:24:30 PM »
I thought that might happen. As I stated in your case your script.bin says you use two touchscreen drivers. When I use it on mine it works but uncalibrated. I'm guessing that's because mine works fine with just the FT5x but yours needs the GT811 with it. Do you have any suggestions as to why the uberizer backup might not work for me? I'm guessing the one from XDA worked for you and we both have the same model and the XDA backup is 100% identical to mine. What is the process you use when you restore it? I use uberizer function i4 and I have version 1.6

Offline ersatzorama

• Thank You
  • Uber-Noobie
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2013, 11:07:47 AM »
I have no idea why it wouldn't work.. I managed to install the XDA backup perfectly fine.. I've been using uberizer version 1.6, option i4 as well.. I'm sorry I can't be of more help.

Interesting my tablet needs two drivers. I had the screen replaced, could that be why it needs two drivers instead of two?

Offline fsebentley

• Global Moderator
  • Uber Member
  • Thank You
  • Fiddlin with Androids
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2013, 10:36:18 PM »
I have no idea why it wouldn't work.. I managed to install the XDA backup perfectly fine.. I've been using uberizer version 1.6, option i4 as well.. I'm sorry I can't be of more help.

Interesting my tablet needs two drivers. I had the screen replaced, could that be why it needs two drivers instead of two?

it doesnt need 2 ... gt811 and ft5x have no relation to one another... your tab Loads 2 drivers because these firmwares
typically are configured to accommodate more than 1 hardware set at the factory so that one firmware can be used on
several models of tab. If you were to load a working Firmware and do an lsmod, getevent as well as get a bugreport
(Uberizer k 17) you could identify the Driver that is actually being used and which hardware is actually being recognised.

Offline Zansa777

• Thank You
  • Uber-Noobie
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2013, 12:27:38 PM »
I came across a forum page that says if you use an uberizer backup, the current rom you have on your phone has to be the same android version as the backup. In otherwords, if the backup is 4.04 and my current version is something like 4.2.2 then I have to first flash a livesuite rom with 4.0.4 to use the 4.0.4 uberizer backup. So, firstly, what android version are the backups so I can figure out exactly which version I have? Second, would you happen to have a livesuite img with that same version? I was looking on the rom files for A13 and assuming it's a 4.0.4 so i got one, but the one I got is not rooted and my computer doesn't recognize it plus the touchscreen is unresponsive so I have no way of loading the adb drivers in order to use the uberizer backup. :-/

Offline fsebentley

• Global Moderator
  • Uber Member
  • Thank You
  • Fiddlin with Androids
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2013, 02:10:15 PM »
I came across a forum page that says if you use an uberizer backup, the current rom you have on your phone has to be the same android version as the backup. In otherwords, if the backup is 4.04 and my current version is something like 4.2.2 then I have to first flash a livesuite rom with 4.0.4 to use the 4.0.4 uberizer backup. So, firstly, what android version are the backups so I can figure out exactly which version I have? Second, would you happen to have a livesuite img with that same version? I was looking on the rom files for A13 and assuming it's a 4.0.4 so i got one, but the one I got is not rooted and my computer doesn't recognize it plus the touchscreen is unresponsive so I have no way of loading the adb drivers in order to use the uberizer backup. :-/

Im not entirely certain I completely understand your question but I will take a shot...

Uberizer Rom Dump will always be the version of the Rom that was loaded when you did the Dump.

Having the same version of Android Loaded as the Rom Dump when doing a Restore is a good idea, and is sometimes
absolutely necessary, however there are cases where it is not absolutely necessary, it all depends on the original
Rom that was Dumped. What is Absolutely necessary is that the Rom Dump have the same Partitioning as the Rom
that is loaded when doing the Restore. In other words if your Rom that You had loaded when you did the Rom Dump
was 10 Partition then the Rom that is on the Tab when you do the Restore will also Have to be 10 Partition.

In order to do a restore with a Livesuite Image matching your requirements may mean you have to flash several Roms
in order to locate one that you are able to use for the purpose. For 10 partition Original Roms a good one to try
is the Faastjb V1 rom since it has ADB turned on by default it will not matter that you cannot interact on the TAB.
It has worked for me on both JB 4.1.1 Roms as well as ICS Roms, however it will not work for All Ics roms.

I hope this helps.

Also important to note is that when you flash your "Restore Rom" you must do so using the Format option in
Livesuite, this will insure that your Partition structure is the correct one for the Rom being Flashed.

Offline Zansa777

• Thank You
  • Uber-Noobie
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2013, 04:50:05 PM »
For livesuite I always use the format option. The question previously asked was actually directed towards ersatzorama. Sorry for not using quotes. He had sent me two firmwares of an identical tablet of mine (one is 100% identical in the script.bin) but I don't know what version they are. I do know they both have 10 partitions though. I tried with FaaastJB it didn't work. That's pretty much the rom I'm stuck with as it seems to work best, but it still has the touchscreen issue. I was flashing a bunch of different livesuite 4.0.4 roms but none of them have debugging activated by default (and may not even be rooted) but after the third one I realized I'm not even 100% sure if the firmwares I was given is 4.0.4 so I was asking ersatzorama what version the firmwares he sent are.

Offline ersatzorama

• Thank You
  • Uber-Noobie
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2013, 02:52:29 AM »
Both backups are version 4.0.4. This ROM should work with your tablet. I've used several times to revert back to my own Uberizer backup.

Offline twjordo

• TechKnow Co-Owner
  • Administrator
  • Uber Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5156
  • -Received: 2364
  • Tablet / Size / Model: =   :cool-android:    :android-wink:    :cool-android:
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2013, 04:46:42 AM »
Both backups are version 4.0.4. This ROM should work with your tablet. I've used several times to revert back to my own Uberizer backup.

thanks for confirming - I have added this to the roms section for others that have the "speed trio stealth pro 7 inch"   ;)
http://www.techknow.me/forum/index.php?topic=6570.0
Guest consider a donation  - Thanks!
▌│█║▌║▌║ ⓤⓑⓔⓡⓞⓘⓓ + ⓤⓑⓔⓡⓘⓩⓔⓡ ║▌║▌║█│▌
™©®

Offline Zansa777

• Thank You
  • Uber-Noobie
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2013, 01:26:57 PM »
Awesome! I'm downloading it now, I'll tell you how it goes. If this doesn't work (but I suspect it will) then I might have to give up for a while on fixing this tablet. Once I get a stock rom loaded it should be a bit easier for me to work on a fix for the touchscreen. It's a cool thing that this tablets stock rom comes rooted. I'll let you know how everything goes.

Also, Twjordo, if possible, would you be able to post the XDA rom that ersatzorama posted also considering it is the only stock rom I've been able to find anywhere for this phone, or does it have to be a livesuite rom and not an uberizer backup? If so, do you know how to make a livesuite image so if I get this phone fixed I can create one to upload on this site?
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 01:30:45 PM by Zansa777 »

Offline twjordo

• TechKnow Co-Owner
  • Administrator
  • Uber Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5156
  • -Received: 2364
  • Tablet / Size / Model: =   :cool-android:    :android-wink:    :cool-android:
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2013, 01:50:24 PM »
Also, Twjordo, if possible, would you be able to post the XDA rom that ersatzorama posted also considering it is the only stock rom I've been able to find anywhere for this phone, or does it have to be a livesuite rom and not an uberizer backup? If so, do you know how to make a livesuite image so if I get this phone fixed I can create one to upload on this site?

we are still working on developing a flashable livesuit .img from a rom dump - so right now it is not possible

as for posting the rom dump for others to use as a restore - yes - BUT - if this dump was created after the tablet was set up or used then it could contain sensitive user data so imho it is up to the original creator of the dump/backup to approve of such before it should be shared
Guest consider a donation  - Thanks!
▌│█║▌║▌║ ⓤⓑⓔⓡⓞⓘⓓ + ⓤⓑⓔⓡⓘⓩⓔⓡ ║▌║▌║█│▌
™©®

Offline Zansa777

• Thank You
  • Uber-Noobie
« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2013, 02:28:36 PM »
Well in ersatzorama's case I believe he said he removed such data from his before creating a backup to send to me and since he's in this forum I guess he could simply be asked. If he says yes, it would be beneficial to post both because the script.bin in the two are slightly different (with the XDA one being identical to mine). As far as the XDA one goes, considering it was posted on XDA, then in the hands of ersatzorama, then put on this thread, I'd say it was already semi consented to for it to be on the web. If not, it is still technically already on and throughout time going to spread. But I suppose I can understand the concept of a potential conflict for the sites administrators if it does have personal data.

As far as the livesuite thing, I'm aware you can't make a livesuite image from an uberizer backup, but considering there are livesuite images to begin with, I'm sure there has to be a way to create them with another utility. I'll look into it. If I can find out how to do it and fix my touchscreen, I'll make sure to create a compressed file consisting of a .bat to fix the ts as well as a flashable image for this tablet. It seems a decent number of people have this very model but no one has the solution and the support for it is.... Well, this specific thread now has the most support for it from what I know.