Author Topic: msg:system is damaged,pls try recover from external storage  (Read 8343 times)

Offline PACOSH

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Received: 0
  • Uber-Noobie
msg:system is damaged,pls try recover from external storage
« on: December 20, 2011, 07:39:12 PM »
hi guys,
i have previously used uberoid to upgrade rom on m009 tablet.. so for christmas i bought another for my son (this time is m009s with 4G internal mem, green led (charging red), black jack connector..
after flashing and restart this happened:
android sign blinks 5 times on screen (looks like from previous rom, nothing similar to uberoid start-up) and then in the middle is msg: system is demaged, please try to recover from external storage (yes, dEmaged :))
i can only press on/off button to switch tablet on/off, nothing else..
when i put the card with uberoid in, nothing changes, the same 5x android sign and message appears..
did i brick the tablet? is it possible to fix it (any suggestions welcomed).. my friend told me it looks like the internal rom is gone and i should send it back (china, will cost me more than order a new one).. i want to try to avoid that simply coz i wont receive another in few days bfore christmas..
thx for any help
PACOSH

Online HardcoreHacker

• Administrator
  • Uber Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6635
  • -Received: 1971
Re: msg:system is damaged,pls try recover from external storage
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2011, 07:55:26 PM »
Hey PACOSH,

this is certainly a new error for me! I never read anything about it even though that spelling error is somehow familiar to me (probably spotted this while browsing sourcecodes).

Try another SD, and format your SD FAT32 using Windows (rightclick your SD drive, click "format") or use the CHANGER (recommended!):

1. Open the CHANGER
2. Set your model number
3. CHANGER will ask you to copy files to SD, press "N"
4. CHANGER will ask you to format SD and copy files to SD, press "Y"

Now CHANGER prepares the SD for an upgrade.

Little sidenote: this will erase all data from your SD!

Good luck!

HcH

Offline PACOSH

• Thank You
  • Uber-Noobie
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2011, 08:41:50 PM »
 thx for respond hch,

just finished with that, no positive result.. flashes 5x that android sign (takes about 7 seconds all-together) and then again error message.. i have tried 2 sd cards, no progress.. seems tablet doesnt even bother to start to read anything from sd card..

Online HardcoreHacker

• Administrator
  • Uber Member
  • Thank You
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2011, 08:47:11 PM »
You're welcome Pacosh,

hmmm, well, there were wm8650 sold but they couldn't deliver those because the new M009F series have come out, those have 4GB and started with a green ANDROID bootlogo, and a ANDROID_ boottext.

If you had this green ANDROID bootlogo, and a ANDROID_ boottext before flashing, try the ROMs from the

InfoTMIC x210 (Eken) Android 2.3 FAQ / Factory Firmware Download Sites

Also, be sure to checkout InfoTMIC x210 Flash Guide by Phelzier

Good luck!

Offline PACOSH

• Thank You
  • Uber-Noobie
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2011, 09:21:02 PM »
i have checked the specs and im not sure if this one is for my tablet...
can u check this link, thats the one i have:
http://www.flydolphin.com/7-eken-m009s-800mhz-720p-quality-android-22-october-specials-4gb-promotion-price-black-and-silver-colour_p3874.html

Offline Gary

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 111
  • -Received: 98
  • Tablet / Size / Model: WM8650 / 7" / Eken M009S
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2011, 04:27:03 AM »
Hi PACOSH,

Maybe you missed HCH's point so I'll try again. The link to what you bought won't help in this case because that may not be what you actually got. As he said, several other members also bought wm8650 tablets recently but recieved Info TMIC anyway (which is good by the way, if you turn out t o be among them). You will have to investigate your own tablet, looking for the behaviors HCH asked about, in order to get any farther.
My tablet: 7"  Eken M009S (small blue dot on back)
Green power LED (red on charge), black audio port
Dual-touch, no vibrate, 256 Mb RAM, 2Gb storage

Current Uberoid v: 11 beta 3 - Option 30

Online HardcoreHacker

• Administrator
  • Uber Member
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2011, 02:51:30 PM »
Hi PACOSH,

yes, we can not help you ID'ing an unknown tablet, several reasons for that, quite self explaining all if you ask me.

for any support, contact your reseller for firmware, with the firmware we can support the tablet here.

HcH

Offline PACOSH

• Thank You
  • Uber-Noobie
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2011, 04:19:18 PM »
thx guys for replaying..
i cant use the recommended flashing from phelzier, coz i dont have the right tablet for it  :android-displeased:
the connector  on my tablet is that "old one" for usb dongle ( they call it 5PIN USB), it looks like iphone one, but its smaller and doesnt obviously fit..
i think its the regular m009s, only problem is that it doesnt read anything from sd card (probably, coz there is no reaction). was wondering if i can flash it via usb dongle with files from uberoid sd-version?
 and very important thing: i have found out that my son was tryin to charge this tablet after its arrival with charger from the old one.. the new one has a 5V charger and the old is 9V charger.. maybe he burned sumtin inside?
sorry for bothering, the flydolphin web where i bought this is useless, the just dont communicate at all and i want to try to fix it''

EDIT: the tablet is by eken web 1.5.3 single touch 163.. so im downloading the firmware and will try to install.. will post if anything happens :)
« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 04:31:26 PM by PACOSH »

Offline jrl2222

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Received: 2
  • Tablet / Size / Model: Cerebro Snow 8 Inch Touchscreen Android 2.2 BLY-806?
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2011, 04:41:38 PM »
I am not an expert on these tablets by any means but I do repair xbox, psp, computers and other electronics. I would say if you used a charger with that was not the correct voltage their is a very good chance that this error has nothing to do with the firmware install and more to do with burnt electronics. If HCH has never seen that error from anyone after firmware install that furthers my point. If the option to send it back is out I would open it and take a look around. You may get lucky and see a burnt trace or other component that may be able to be replaced.

Good luck

Offline PACOSH

• Thank You
  • Uber-Noobie
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2011, 04:54:52 PM »
I am not an expert on these tablets by any means but I do repair xbox, psp, computers and other electronics. I would say if you used a charger with that was not the correct voltage their is a very good chance that this error has nothing to do with the firmware install and more to do with burnt electronics. If HCH has never seen that error from anyone after firmware install that furthers my point. If the option to send it back is out I would open it and take a look around. You may get lucky and see a burnt trace or other component that may be able to be replaced.

Good luck

thx for info jrl2222,
defo there is a chance that something burnt, but coz the initial screen si poppin out, i hope that i will be able to upload firmware in..it seems that (if its the case) the voltage was too high, it just corrupted firmware.. i certainly hope so :)