Author Topic: Novo 7 Legend - Cannot flash any image on it.  (Read 3130 times)

Offline archangel25

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Received: 0
  • Uber-Noobie
Novo 7 Legend - Cannot flash any image on it.
« on: May 06, 2013, 07:11:19 PM »
Hi

I have screwed up my Novo 7 Legend  :android-lame:.

Current Situation:
==================
I have a Ainol Novo 7 Legend Tablet Serial number is NOVO7LEGEND121108G02###.
I downloaded the 4.1 firmware from Futeko http://www.oketuf.com/novo7Legend4.1.1-1102.zip
But I kept getting error at 15% in LiveSuite while upgrading to JB.
LiveSuite error says "novo 7 legend Upgrade fails : 0x163 ÉÕдʧ°Ü3" and I have to then revert back to 4.0.4 downloaded from below.
and ICS firmware http://www.oketuf.com/Novo705FC-D1-Legend-1030.rar
But this had its issues as internal storage was 0 and I couldn't install any app and after every reboot it used to reset.
Hence I kept flashing firmware again and again with all verison of LS and even PhoenixUSBPro but nothing worked. Changed two PC's 3 USB cables etc.  :android-cry:
Then I tried to flash FaaastJB (http://www.techknow.me/forum/index.php?topic=4595.0) which also failed.
I have posted the issue here http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/42094-ainol-novo-7-legend-discussion/page__st__160  :android-nerd:

The Problem:  :android-displeased:
============
I was always able to install the original 4.0.4 firmware after every unsuccessful flash, but after flashing FaaastJB I am unable to even falsh the 4.0.4.
I keep getting 0x162 error.

My Thoughts:  :cool-android:
============
I might have corrupted the NAND of the device and I am not able to get in to recovery due to that.

Looking for help:  :android-lame:
=================
Is there a way I can correctly build partitions so that I can proceed with falshing.
AM I thinking correctly? Can anyone suggest any other tool/method/firmware.

Notes:
======
I have checked multiple sites to get this resolved. I even started a backup using Uberizer but it was stuck in between and my tab never recovered after reboot.
I have also tried the ROM A13_JB_4.1.1_sun5i_android_nuclear_sc3041n_ainol_novo705fc_d1_jb1.0_121102v1_[TechKnowForum.net].7z
 which is same as I got from Futeko.

Offline satcomranger

• Administrator
  • Uber Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 299
  • -Received: 4527
  • I'm old - But still Learning
  • Tablet / Size / Model: VIA WM8650/ 7" / Option 8 / MID-703
Re: Novo 7 Legend - Cannot flash any image on it.
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2013, 08:07:41 PM »
0x162 is a rom mismatch to your tablet   find a different rom

a

0x163 errors is a usb hardware error  .. find a different computer and try again !

Tab 1-Via WM8650 Option 8,Green Power/Red Charge, Black Audio - Vibrate No - 2 Point Touch Uberoid V12B2
Tab 2-Flytouch 3/Superpad 3 - Axlien (Based on Tim4e)
Tab 3-Dell Streak 7 Wifi Stock Honeycomb 3.2
Tab 4-M799CA V2.0 Running TKT3.2A
Retired Electronics Tech / Network Engineer

Offline archangel25

• Thank You
  • Uber-Noobie
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2013, 08:17:42 PM »
That is strange. Because I was able to flash the 4.0.4 ROM 6-7 times successfully and now I am getting 0x162 error using the same image.

Offline satcomranger

• Administrator
  • Uber Member
  • Thank You
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2013, 08:39:34 PM »
only one suggestion
We advise you to get the original Factory Firmware from your re-seller if we do not have it in our rom's section. Thanks!

just what flash tool did your tab work with ??
switching can have unpredictable results especially if a phoenixcard flash fails.. 
Tab 1-Via WM8650 Option 8,Green Power/Red Charge, Black Audio - Vibrate No - 2 Point Touch Uberoid V12B2

Offline archangel25

• Thank You
  • Uber-Noobie
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2013, 08:46:32 PM »
I did got the 4.0.4  firmware from the manufacturer site. http://www.ainol.com/plugin.php?identifier=ainol&module=download&page=2
http://dl.vmall.com/c0i4qfa4nb (Direct dL Link)

Also I was only successful with LS v1.07. Other versions also kept giving same error.
I will try one more time on a different PC.

Thanks.

Offline satcomranger

• Administrator
  • Uber Member
  • Thank You
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2013, 08:50:53 PM »
are you using windows 8 ??

If you are find a win 7 machine ..

Offline leddraa

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • Uber-Noobie
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2013, 11:56:41 PM »
Got this same device and cant d/l the original ROM for it @ above site. I have pushed FaaastJB to my NOVO7Legend and that worked fine with LiveSuit v1.11 but having real trouble finding the correct TS drivers for it! Nearest I've had is gslX680 but the touchscreen is inverted :( and cant seem to resolve this! any help would be great! :) as JB seems soooo much smoother then ICS!

Cheers,

Antz

Offline satcomranger

• Administrator
  • Uber Member
  • Thank You
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2013, 12:00:52 AM »
Got this same device and cant d/l the original ROM for it @ above site. I have pushed FaaastJB to my NOVO7Legend and that worked fine with LiveSuit v1.11 but having real trouble finding the correct TS drivers for it! Nearest I've had is gslX680 but the touchscreen is inverted :( and cant seem to resolve this! any help would be great! :) as JB seems soooo much smoother then ICS!

Cheers,

Antz

please post your request ovfer in the toixro topic for the faaastjb ..
read what you need to provide so that mayber he can help ya fix it !

Offline leddraa

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • Uber-Noobie
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2013, 12:20:42 AM »

Cheers,

Antz

please post your request ovfer in the toixro topic for the faaastjb ..
read what you need to provide so that mayber he can help ya fix it !

n1 cheers ;) ill do that now :)

Offline archangel25

• Thank You
  • Uber-Noobie
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2013, 03:33:50 AM »
I was able to extract the system info for the device using uberizer. Probably you can look for drivers related to following modules.

Modules:
rtl8150 10305 0 - Live 0xbf0a4000
mcs7830 7581 0 - Live 0xbf09e000
qf9700 9152 0 - Live 0xbf097000
asix 24601 0 - Live 0xbf08b000
sun5i_csi0 33255 0 - Live 0xbf07d000
gc0308 18672 1 - Live 0xbf074000
videobuf_dma_contig 6251 1 sun5i_csi0, Live 0xbf06f000
videobuf_core 20242 2 sun5i_csi0,videobuf_dma_contig, Live 0xbf065000
mma7660 7186 0 - Live 0xbf05f000
cedarx 9351 0 - Live 0xbf052000
mali 151172 6 - Live 0xbf020000
ump 49382 13 mali, Live 0xbf00c000
ft5x02 27056 0 - Live 0xbf000000

Offline archangel25

• Thank You
  • Uber-Noobie
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2013, 05:26:03 AM »
Finally Finally... :-D :android-lol:
I was able to flash the same 4.0.4 image with same USB, same Win 8 PC and LS 1.07 (which I tried 10 times before). I guess the trick is just leave the tablet on (off course with black screen ) overnight and it might work next day.
Now senior members can you recommend a safe approach to try new ROM's specifically FasstJB. I mean will Uberizer backup be the safest option to restore the Tab in case everything else fails?

Offline satcomranger

• Administrator
  • Uber Member
  • Thank You
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2013, 04:28:36 PM »
Finally Finally... :-D :android-lol:
I was able to flash the same 4.0.4 image with same USB, same Win 8 PC and LS 1.07 (which I tried 10 times before). I guess the trick is just leave the tablet on (off course with black screen ) overnight and it might work next day.
Now senior members can you recommend a safe approach to try new ROM's specifically FasstJB. I mean will Uberizer backup be the safest option to restore the Tab in case everything else fails?

well to my knowledge the uberizer option  i  3 is the only rom backup method .. cwm doesnt backup the bootloader ..
just dont load up your tablet with apps and then use it as a tblet backup  .. it isnt meant for that .. just the rom

Offline archangel25

• Thank You
  • Uber-Noobie
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2013, 08:43:58 PM »

well to my knowledge the uberizer option  i  3 is the only rom backup method .. cwm doesnt backup the bootloader ..
just dont load up your tablet with apps and then use it as a tblet backup  .. it isnt meant for that .. just the rom

Yes I understand that and already did that. Also started flashing few ROM's again on the Tab. I just would like to get JB on it and this is also helping me learn few new things.
The only question I have is, after flashing 4.0.4 image the tablet cannot boot in recovery. I tried Power + Volume - button, ADB reboot recovery but it does not work. Also this ROM has a know issue of reset on reboot and 0 internal sdcard storage. Now as I cannot get the Tab in recovery mode how can I restore Uberizer backup after a failed flash. Is there a way to flash a working recovery to the tab?

Offline satcomranger

• Administrator
  • Uber Member
  • Thank You
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2013, 08:54:55 PM »

Yes I understand that and already did that. Also started flashing few ROM's again on the Tab. I just would like to get JB on it and this is also helping me learn few new things.
The only question I have is, after flashing 4.0.4 image the tablet cannot boot in recovery. I tried Power + Volume - button, ADB reboot recovery but it does not work. Also this ROM has a know issue of reset on reboot and 0 internal sdcard storage. Now as I cannot get the Tab in recovery mode how can I restore Uberizer backup after a failed flash. Is there a way to flash a working recovery to the tab?

well if you search a little i posted a bat file on how to flash a recovery .. it is called flash_recovery.bat ... so search for that .. better find a recovery that works on your tablet also  ... there is one in the changer_files in the uberizer ..make sure you read the post as you need to put files in correct location ..

you do not have to be in recovery to restore a rom dump  .. the cwm recovery is only used for mounts and storage and in no way RESTORES anything ..

a recovery is sent to the tablet when you do a restore ..

you really need to tak a little time to read about the uberizer  and also using recovery .. 

also even if you have a working recovery .. most a13  tablets will not go into the recovery mode via key press ..you need to have a tablet booted and use a tool such as novotools .. that just the way these tabs are !!

Online fsebentley

• Global Moderator
  • Uber Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 180
  • -Received: 685
  • Fiddlin with Androids
  • Tablet / Size / Model: 7 inch Generic A13 Mid Q88/infotmic 10 inch UnKnown/Pandigital 7 inch Black built like white ?
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2013, 05:44:35 AM »
This has me a bit stymied.... there are 2 persons here with NOVO7 Legends... one has difficulties loading the NOVO 7 Legend 4.1.1 updated rom (The original Poster) The other has Faassstjb (Based on the NOVO 7 Legend 4.1.1 ROM) Not working correctly on his NOVO 7 Legend ??

The second poster may not actually have a NOVO 7 Legend...

For the originator of this thread :
In addition to Satcomrangers suggestions

1. ensure you have a Backup of your working ROM
            You can use Uberizer to back it up, however you may and may not be able to restore it, if you attempt to restore the Rom Dump and it fails, with an inability to mount the emmc partition and file not found errors you likely do not have the same Partitioning scheme as the recovery.img provided by Uberizer... in this case you can determine the actual scheme used and download a recovery.img for that scheme from this page : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2189640
simply insert the correct recovery.img into /uberizer/changer_files and try again, so far this has worked for my Tab on several ROM's.
2. have a Livesuite flashable copy of your original  ROM available.  This is the best Option

Also Not that in all of my own flashings and trashings of my Tab I am beginning to believe what has been said in many many different places by umpteen pplz.... these Tabs are practically Un-Brickable ....

Now in my own massive flash fest of ROM's, both ICS and JB4.1 mixed and matched I have found that in several cases after having an ICS ROM loaded the JB ROM's would fail...and occasionally from one JB ROM to the Next they would fail.. until I flash with the Format option, then I get successful flashes on that or subsequent tries... also going from some of the JB ROM;s to ICS ROM's I have had the same issue... had to do a Formatted flash first.... I am not certain as to why this happens because it does not affect all ROM's, I suspect it has to do with the different partitioning schemes used by different ROM's... they are not all the same for our Tabs as noted in the above about the recovery.img... Or it could just be the user data still present on the Tab when a Livesuite image is flashed since without the Format option this data is still there from the Prior ROM.

Note: By Formatted flash I mean when you go through and begin the flash,  Livesuite asks whether you want to format and recommends that you Not.... select the Format option at that point.

Hopefully this will work for you

I hope this helps

Offline archangel25

• Thank You
  • Uber-Noobie
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2013, 05:51:14 AM »
This has been a n awesome forum and a great learning ground.
Let me go through each of your points do some homework and come up with my results, questions, issue  :android-lame:

Thanks a lot for your inputs.

Offline Glitch_Neo

• ○○○ The "Uber"nator ○○○ I'll Be... Able to Fộộba® it..
  • Global Moderator
  • Uber Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 510
  • -Received: 446
  • ☻☻ Please Support Techknow.me ☻☻
    • TechKnowGlitch.info
  • Tablet / Size / Model: loads
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2013, 10:28:39 PM »
Dont always rely on Livesuite.....   I can most roms to flash by changing version of Live suite, or Using Pheonix USB Pro....   error 0x162 or 0x163 on on util usually works on the other (try different releaser versions too)

http://www.techknow.me/forum/index.php?topic=5542.0

keep pushing this info as its really usefull to know 0x162 or 0x163 doesnt meanit WONT flash guys.
I did something, once.... I think.... Hmmm...  Or did I?......  "Geoff, how long have I been here??? Staring into the microwave..."

Offline archangel25

• Thank You
  • Uber-Noobie
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2013, 07:11:53 AM »
Hi

After a Flashing fest .. I am almost giving up. I tried Uberizer, LS, PUPro but none seems to flash any ROM on my tab. 3% and then 0x162.
I want to know is there a way to flash recovery if device is not detected by above tools ? I read all of hte links posted above and other forums also but all require a working tab but in my case my tab is just powering up with a black blank screen and I get alert as "USB device not recognized" in Windows.

Online fsebentley

• Global Moderator
  • Uber Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 180
  • -Received: 685
  • Fiddlin with Androids
  • Tablet / Size / Model: 7 inch Generic A13 Mid Q88/infotmic 10 inch UnKnown/Pandigital 7 inch Black built like white ?
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2013, 12:45:04 PM »
When I have got the usb not recognized plugging the power adapter cable into the Tab repeatedly while holding the power button eventually turns it on and eliminates the not recognized problem....
(This problem occurs on mine after every failed flash.... the Tab seems to be staying in the Flashing mode until I do this like it is waiting for something)

It's worth trying...

Offline Glitch_Neo

• ○○○ The "Uber"nator ○○○ I'll Be... Able to Fộộba® it..
  • Global Moderator
  • Uber Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 510
  • -Received: 446
  • ☻☻ Please Support Techknow.me ☻☻
    • TechKnowGlitch.info
  • Tablet / Size / Model: loads
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2013, 10:13:43 AM »
0x162 is a rom mismatch to your tablet   find a different rom

a

0x163 errors is a usb hardware error  .. find a different computer and try again !

Honestly,  and I'll keep banging on about it till im blue in the face -  0x162 error in livesuite doesnt mean it wont flash...  try PheonixUSBpro to flash...

I get error 0x162 in livesuite,  mismatch? not necessarily -  Zeepad firmware always throws up 0x162   but will flash using Pheonix USB pro...

My A13 Faaast JB  will not flash using any version of  livesuite -   usb pro will get the job done...

between the f/wares and flash utils - and patience - and trying a few alternative roms / diff re-seller same TS / partitions etc...

no one ever seems to mention pheonix USB pro - and it was this util that saved my wifes A13

G_n

I did something, once.... I think.... Hmmm...  Or did I?......  "Geoff, how long have I been here??? Staring into the microwave..."