Author Topic: topwise f721(A13 motherboard name)  (Read 4948 times)

Offline rodgom

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Received: 7
  • Uber-Noobie
  • Tablet / Size / Model: WM8650/ Mid A13/A20/Archos G2 10.1 in
topwise f721(A13 motherboard name)
« on: February 19, 2013, 05:27:44 PM »
Just come in to possession of this tablet. Problem is it is stuck on the boot up screen after the logos have flashed up showing the android word.  It would appear that someone has flashed it with the wrong rom because if I access the vol minus botton + power switch I can bring up a menu and access various readings like wifi networks (my router and some local ) battery state etc etc. Am I right in my assumption?  Does anyone know anything about this board and how can I get a tablet to flash from the sd card ?
Can anyone  explain what the uboot switch on motherboards does? 

Offline rodgom

• Thank You
  • Uber-Noobie
Re: topwise f721(A13 motherboard name)
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2013, 05:32:02 PM »
how can I get a tablet to flash from the sd card ?

Forget that question. I was assuming you had to have debugging on. I really should read more.

Offline twjordo

• Administrator
  • Uber Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4760
  • -Received: 2270
  • Tablet / Size / Model: =   :cool-android:    :android-wink:    :cool-android:
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2013, 05:48:15 PM »
how can I get a tablet to flash from the sd card ?

Forget that question. I was assuming you had to have debugging on. I really should read more.

+1   ;)     
Guest consider a donation  - Thanks!
▌│█║▌║▌║ ⓤⓑⓔⓡⓞⓘⓓ + ⓤⓑⓔⓡⓘⓩⓔⓡ ║▌║▌║█│▌
™©®

Offline Duplicity

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Received: 58
  • Uber-Noobie
  • Tablet / Size / Model: 7" MID
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2013, 04:01:21 AM »
A second +1 from me as well. Reading is always the best place to start. We are seldom the first one to ever have these things happen.

If you have no where to go back to seeking the factory firmware then you are amongst friends here. Happens to a lot of people.

I gather from your other post that debugging is not enabled. Are you certain of that? Have you installed all the necessary drivers to support adb to then confirm it is not. A lot of these come in debugging mode from the factory so don't assume if you have not confirmed. This is an area where a lot of people make a fatal mistake.

If you can get adb working, download Uberizer from this site and do a rom dump of the existing firmware. From there, go download Livesuit, the current version is 1.09, in fact it may be packed in Uberizer, I forget, but regardless, get it. Then grab some roms from here and start flashing until you find one that works reasonably well. You are unlikely to find one that just magically works, but that is okay.

Once you have flashed a decent rom, use Uberizer to restore your previous rom dump. That will take the core parts of your factory firmware and overwrite that over the stuff that is incompatible and you should have a fully working tablet.

Your fastest path forward is to get a dump before you start flashing. If you can't get that, all is not lost, but you have your work cut out for you but there are people here to help and lots of good reading.

Duplicity

Offline rodgom

• Thank You
  • Uber-Noobie
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2013, 11:32:44 AM »
A second +1 from me as well. Reading is always the best place to start. We are seldom the first one to ever have these things happen.

If you have no where to go back to seeking the factory firmware then you are amongst friends here. Happens to a lot of people.

I gather from your other post that debugging is not enabled. Are you certain of that? Have you installed all the necessary drivers to support adb to then confirm it is not. A lot of these come in debugging mode from the factory so don't assume if you have not confirmed. This is an area where a lot of people make a fatal mistake.

If you can get adb working, download Uberizer from this site and do a rom dump of the existing firmware. From there, go download Livesuit, the current version is 1.09, in fact it may be packed in Uberizer, I forget, but regardless, get it. Then grab some roms from here and start flashing until you find one that works reasonably well. You are unlikely to find one that just magically works, but that is okay.

Once you have flashed a decent rom, use Uberizer to restore your previous rom dump. That will take the core parts of your factory firmware and overwrite that over the stuff that is incompatible and you should have a fully working tablet.

Your fastest path forward is to get a dump before you start flashing. If you can't get that, all is not lost, but you have your work cut out for you but there are people here to help and lots of good reading.

Duplicity

Therein lies the problem. Uberizer cannot see the tab although Livesuit does pick it up. So it looks like its going to be a long haul. I'm going to have a look on the asianfones forum to see if there is anything there.

Offline satcomranger

• Administrator
  • Uber Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 298
  • -Received: 4415
  • I'm old - But still Learning
  • Tablet / Size / Model: VIA WM8650/ 7" / Option 8 / MID-703
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2013, 05:44:02 PM »
well eitehr usb debug is turned off
or you need to install drivers
Tab 1-Via WM8650 Option 8,Green Power/Red Charge, Black Audio - Vibrate No - 2 Point Touch Uberoid V12B2
Tab 2-Flytouch 3/Superpad 3 - Axlien (Based on Tim4e)
Tab 3-Dell Streak 7 Wifi Stock Honeycomb 3.2
Tab 4-M799CA V2.0 Running TKT3.2A
Retired Electronics Tech / Network Engineer

Offline rodgom

• Thank You
  • Uber-Noobie
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2013, 11:12:42 PM »

Debug is definitely off. The computer shows it as a mid and Uberoid does not recognise unless it is in the recovery mode ( ie dead droid + exclamation mark) I've had it up on Livesuite But until I find the rom that's as far as I want to go.

Offline satcomranger

• Administrator
  • Uber Member
  • Thank You
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2013, 11:20:10 PM »

Debug is definitely off. The computer shows it as a mid and Uberoid does not recognise unless it is in the recovery mode ( ie dead droid + exclamation mark) I've had it up on Livesuite But until I find the rom that's as far as I want to go.

well if usb debug is off  then do not expect uberizer to work .. end of story !!
Tab 1-Via WM8650 Option 8,Green Power/Red Charge, Black Audio - Vibrate No - 2 Point Touch Uberoid V12B2

Offline rodgom

• Thank You
  • Uber-Noobie
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2013, 11:58:02 PM »
Just come in to possession of this tablet. Problem is it is stuck on the boot up screen after the logos have flashed up showing the android word.  It would appear that someone has flashed it with the wrong rom because if I access the vol minus botton + power switch I can bring up a menu and access various readings like wifi networks (my router and some local ) battery state etc etc. Am I right in my assumption?  Does anyone know anything about this board and how can I get a tablet to flash from the sd card ?

Is there an answer to this?

Offline satcomranger

• Administrator
  • Uber Member
  • Thank You
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2013, 12:03:43 AM »

Is there an answer to this?

Who knows .. leave it alone .. it is probably some kind of factory maintenance switch ...contact the tablet manufacturer! maybe they will know .. i had my a13 apart and there are no switches

Offline Cyberhost

• Site Donor
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Received: 65
  • Uber-Noobie-Developer
    • GCE Hosting
  • Tablet / Size / Model: Sysbay 7" M706 / Sysbay 9.7" M9702 / Sysbay 9.7" M9702G / Sysbay 7" MD7905 / Rockchip 7" RK29SDK
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2013, 12:03:57 AM »
Too boot from your sdcard, you need to repartition the sdcard. Make that partition active. Then install u-boot on the sd then install an OS. there are plenty of tuts around the web to get ubuntu, debain, and other linux distros to boot on A1x using u-boot. Just google it or click here
Check my youtube channel. Hundreds of self made tutorials on anything from android to web hosting.

Offline Cyberhost

• Site Donor
  • Thank You
  • Uber-Noobie-Developer
    • GCE Hosting
  • Tablet / Size / Model: Sysbay 7" M706 / Sysbay 9.7" M9702 / Sysbay 9.7" M9702G / Sysbay 7" MD7905 / Rockchip 7" RK29SDK
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2013, 12:05:20 AM »

And today is your lucky day my dear friend.... I was given access to the topwise private FTP yesterday. HcH also now has access so one of us will have a look on it to find your original firmware.
Check my youtube channel. Hundreds of self made tutorials on anything from android to web hosting.

Offline Cyberhost

• Site Donor
  • Thank You
  • Uber-Noobie-Developer
    • GCE Hosting
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2013, 12:06:32 AM »
Yup I have found it. I will download it onto our servers and post the link later on.

Busy downloading the img created on 20130121

So it is pretty damn new. There is one newer than that but I reckon try this one first.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 12:13:28 AM by Cyberhost »

Offline Cyberhost

• Site Donor
  • Thank You
  • Uber-Noobie-Developer
    • GCE Hosting
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2013, 12:17:29 AM »
Oki Doki you can download your firmware for your tablet from :

http://www.gcehosting.com/t0xic/topwise3g/f721_V1.1.9_20130121_r628_cc86338.img

Just please allow 5 minutes from the time this post was made as it is just finishing the download on the server. 250MB

Offline rodgom

• Thank You
  • Uber-Noobie
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2013, 11:13:08 PM »

Just please allow 5 minutes from the time this post was made as it is just finishing the download on the server. 250MB

Cheers

Offline rodgom

• Thank You
  • Uber-Noobie
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2013, 12:12:51 AM »
Too boot from your sdcard, you need to repartition the sdcard. Make that partition active. Then install u-boot on the sd then install an OS. there are plenty of tuts around the web to get ubuntu, debain, and other linux distros to boot on A1x using u-boot. Just google it or click here

Followed your link and was sent to 4 shared to download file. Downloaded  file will not open. I have the newest  win 7 7z unpacker. Never easy.

Offline Duplicity

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • Uber-Noobie
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2013, 02:54:31 AM »
Please elaborate and post the link you are referring to.

Neither link in this thread is for 4Shared. One will get you the .img file from gcehosting and the other is "Let me Google that for you". I looked there as well and did not see any first page results linking to 4shared.

Double check what you are doing or post the link you are talking about.

Duplicity

Offline rodgom

• Thank You
  • Uber-Noobie
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2013, 11:59:39 AM »
Please elaborate and post the link you are referring to.

Neither link in this thread is for 4Shared. One will get you the .img file from gcehosting and the other is "Let me Google that for you". I looked there as well and did not see any first page results linking to 4shared.

Double check what you are doing or post the link you are talking about.

Duplicity

I've gone to the "let me google" and ended up on a list of pages that refer to the a10. Nowhere can I find anything that refers to the uboot function. A lot of the pages link back to the forum hence the links to 4 shared. I've not had a lot of time at the moment because I have started into my Spring sportsground work. Once the initial burst of activity has completed I should have a little more time to check some more.

Offline Duplicity

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • Uber-Noobie
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2013, 02:36:22 AM »
Well, I am not saying this is what you should do, but if I were you, I would just flip the switch and see what happens. I am not aware of a switch on anything that breaks what it is connected to. Okay, maybe if it were a self-destruct switch... In that case, just make sure your battery is a battery and not a brick of C4 and then flip the switch.....

Duplicity

Offline satcomranger

• Administrator
  • Uber Member
  • Thank You
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2013, 02:54:46 AM »
Well, I am not saying this is what you should do, but if I were you, I would just flip the switch and see what happens. I am not aware of a switch on anything that breaks what it is connected to. Okay, maybe if it were a self-destruct switch... In that case, just make sure your battery is a battery and not a brick of C4 and then flip the switch.....

Duplicity

Hope we get some warning first ... that way I can put my fingers in my ears to muffle the sound!
I wud find out what it is from the constructor! It must have a reason, and only they know what it is.  It is meant not to be used or it woud be on the outside of the tablet

Offline eug02

• Thank You
  • -Received: 0
  • Uber-Noobie
  • Tablet / Size / Model: google nexus 7
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2013, 01:01:05 PM »
link not working can you pls upload it again ty

Offline fabiotgal2

• Thank You
  • -Received: 0
  • Uber-Noobie
  • Tablet / Size / Model: A13
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2013, 03:16:25 PM »

if someone has this rom please upload it again