Author Topic: Softwinner a13 kb901 TS driver assistance please!!  (Read 12216 times)

Offline hahaman42

• Site Donor
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Received: 1
  • Uber-Noobie
  • Tablet / Size / Model: Mid-Kb901-(A13)
Softwinner a13 kb901 TS driver assistance please!!
« on: February 09, 2013, 02:24:56 AM »
OK so long story short i rooted a rooted tablet. so it lost its memory launcher an all that.. of course i flash it first thing with NO backup...go me :android-lame: .

what i know about my tablet
link: http://NO EBAY LINKS ALLOWED, PLEASE READ THE RULES.com/itm/T91-9-Inch-Google-Android-4-0-Capacitive-Screen-8GB-Mid-Tablet-PC-Dual-Camera-/140890001194?_trksid=p5197.m1992&_trkparms=aid%3D111000%26algo%3DREC.CURRENT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D14133%26meid%3D5460601122704520904%26pid%3D100015%26prg%3D1085%26rk%3D1%26sd%3D140890001194%26

-model number: KB901
-Uberiezer said it was: SoftwinerEvb_nuclear_evb (after the stock  rom had replaced of course)
-internal memory 1GB with 4GB internal SD 32GB ext slot
-Dual Camera
-9" screen
-the seller is an idiot...sent me this link 10 times (each time i told her it didnt work but she persisted i "download and install"): http://test.uoften-tabletpc.com/firmware/DCPAD2802.zip  ERROR 404 not found evertime i try it.

Roms tried:
--Bootable--no ts
-(the one that works most things)--A13_FW_20121108new_[TechKnowForum.net]
-86V2tabONEJellyBean20121016
-A13_F9_00_[TechKnowForum.net]
-FaaastJB boot somtimes..

--Dont boot--
-f900chinese
-M-726 TIA 06 27_3
-sun5i_android_a13-pfdq88-CPT_7660_d06
-A13_DUAL_CAMERA_FIRMWARE_[TechKnowForum.net]
-A13_Q88-CPT-4G-CPT-APK 20120727_[TechKnowForum.net]

My resources...
-32 bit Laptop with dual boot win7 and ubuntu 10.10 (virtual box xp)
-win7 has android sdk, java idee, adb, uberizer, live suit, pheonix?
-ubuntu standard  no sdk

So problem = Touch screen no response.

Ive tried to "insmod" the touch screen drivers with the tutorial in this forum changed a few sucessfully.. no response from ts.
Uberizer never wants to recognize it.. has pulled it up once as a softwinner,  3 or 4 times as unknown brand device.
 I got a ROM dump from somone here who backed up their fix of the same problem i got... using uberizer to restore it got me to the CWM part... performed all format and mount steps. next step get an error to the sort of " /EMMC/ file does not exist.
so i dont know if that works

Any sugestions?
Any way i can find out exactly what TS driver i need to use instead of trial an error? i can take it apart if necessary..

awaiting your genorus assitance  :android-rules:

Online twjordo

• TechKnow Co-Owner
  • Administrator
  • Uber Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5187
  • -Received: 2382
  • Tablet / Size / Model: =   :cool-android:    :android-wink:    :cool-android:
Re: Softwinner a13 kb901 TS driver assistance please!!
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2013, 02:48:30 AM »
reading and will assist soon..... researching  :cool-android:  brb
Guest consider a donation  - Thanks!
▌│█║▌║▌║ ⓤⓑⓔⓡⓞⓘⓓ + ⓤⓑⓔⓡⓘⓩⓔⓡ ║▌║▌║█│▌
™©®

Online twjordo

• TechKnow Co-Owner
  • Administrator
  • Uber Member
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2013, 02:54:32 AM »
ok i am back.... first off - i see you have tried a f9 firmware  :android-question: does the tab fit the f9 specs best of all others  :android-question:

look here please

i will try to help you solve this  8-) ;) 8-)
™©®

Offline hahaman42

• Site Donor
  • Thank You
  • Uber-Noobie
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2013, 03:05:02 AM »
looks like that a13f9, although my Processor only runs at 1.008Ghz and although the ad from ebay says 8GB i only have 5gigs total storage 4gb internal sd and 1gb internal system memory.

i have tried this rom : f900chinese.img

thanks man

Offline hahaman42

• Site Donor
  • Thank You
  • Uber-Noobie
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2013, 03:09:05 AM »
I was not aware of the Ebay rule.. sorry :blush:

Online twjordo

• TechKnow Co-Owner
  • Administrator
  • Uber Member
  • Thank You
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2013, 03:25:05 AM »
ok so your options are  :erm: limited ...most of the a13's are only clocked at 1.2ghz and also remember the operating system are usually 3gb or so and i think it is a falsehood that you would have 1gb ram (internal memory) .... let me try to explain a bit better for you

a 512mb ram tablet is standard for the a13 platform (sys memory) RAM= Random Access Memory

a 8gb internal storage is GREAT for the a13 but 3+gb could be the operating system hence = 5gb

now that i have explained that it is imperative that you locate the original factory firmware to guarantee a 100% functional device... there are not as many f9's as there are a13b's and this will actually help you in locating factory firmware for your device but you my friend have a situation that most do not want to be "stuck" in - being that if the device was sold to you and was functional then it is your fault that it is not functional now and the seller has "0" responsibility for that... otherwise you do have the option to raise a claim with paypal and immediately escalate it to a "dispute" .... i do understand from reading your other posts that this is your neice's tablet (i think) and time is of the essence and it would not be solved in time for you are leaving or something in a week or so but this is all we can do is try the different firmwares available here and search web for others... HcH did get a few more new firmwares today that he has been working on trying to upload and in those you might find a solution if not in our existing firmwares now.

please list the firmwares you have tried and i will also make a list of the possibilities and we can compare notes so to speak. i am sorry that you are experiencing difficulties but understand that we only have the current resources available to try to help you solve this issue.

i also read that you have tried to get your 32bit pc configured to operate and tweak firmwares...---- where do you stand with that right now ????? 

it is imperative to have up to date info to assist you further  :android-nerd:

™©®

Online twjordo

• TechKnow Co-Owner
  • Administrator
  • Uber Member
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2013, 03:30:01 AM »
also if the device was sold as 1gb ram you might have a legitimate dispute for ebay/paypal.... no worries for the link - it is to protect our forum from spam and advertisements
™©®

Offline hahaman42

• Site Donor
  • Thank You
  • Uber-Noobie
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2013, 03:33:20 AM »
ok.. so im aware of the RAM.  and what it is. i have 512. so your telling me that when it told me 8gb that its saying all together after ram+system+SD should be around 8gb minus som MBs for fomatting.

As far as tweaking roms.. i havent booted into linux seeing as i have no really good ideas on what to do..

The tablet is mine... not my neice.. wife got it for me as a christmas present. i dont want to return because it IS my fault and i am a pretty determined person with this stuff. i have had good luck with android phones. this is my first endavor into phones.

as far as Ubuntu knowledge. I can use the comand prompt somewhat, ie start a program use Apt to install programs and what not.

I follow instructions well. i know a lot about some and none about others.. all my knowledge is self taught google stuff. 

there is NO luck with the seller geting the firmware. as i said before they just keep sending me a dead link.. Reason i havent gotten far is i work two jobs. off for the weekend though. xcept for tomm morning till 1:00 easter time.  and i listed all  but the f900chinese, firmwares i tried in the first post.  two sections will and will not boot. just confirmed the f900chinese stuck at android logo.

Online twjordo

• TechKnow Co-Owner
  • Administrator
  • Uber Member
  • Thank You
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2013, 03:54:07 AM »
ok great! - i read sooo many posts i am sometimes easily confused but i do want to try to help you with this

so you have only tried 2 roms  :android-question:
™©®

Offline hahaman42

• Site Donor
  • Thank You
  • Uber-Noobie
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2013, 03:57:11 AM »
Roms tried:
--Bootable--no ts
-(the one that works most things)--A13_FW_20121108new_[TechKnowForum.net]
-A13_F9_00_[TechKnowForum.net]
-FaaastJB boot somtimes..
f900-chinese (does boot actually)

--Dont boot--
-f900chinese
-M-726 TIA 06 27_3
-sun5i_android_a13-pfdq88-CPT_7660_d06
-A13_DUAL_CAMERA_FIRMWARE_[TechKnowForum.net]
-A13_Q88-CPT-4G-CPT-APK 20120727_[TechKnowForum.net]

Online twjordo

• TechKnow Co-Owner
  • Administrator
  • Uber Member
  • Thank You
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2013, 04:02:20 AM »
Roms tried:
f900-chinese (does boot actually)

--Dont boot--
-f900chinese

ok - did you have any of those that gave you t/s working  :android-question:

and what do you mean "actually"  was this a typo  :android-question:

i am only asking to try to help solve- not insult your intelligence  ;)
™©®

Offline hahaman42

• Site Donor
  • Thank You
  • Uber-Noobie
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2013, 04:03:44 AM »
thats my fault last minute edit f900chinese did boot. after about 10 mn

Online twjordo

• TechKnow Co-Owner
  • Administrator
  • Uber Member
  • Thank You
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2013, 04:05:53 AM »
did any of the roms tested give you ts working  :android-question: for we MUST find a working ts driver and it is not possible without testing all f9 roms  8-)
™©®

Offline hahaman42

• Site Donor
  • Thank You
  • Uber-Noobie
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2013, 04:08:40 AM »
um..idk why it posted that twice... but yea absolutley no touchscreen on Any of those ROMS.  not even barely.. been using a mouse with it.

Online twjordo

• TechKnow Co-Owner
  • Administrator
  • Uber Member
  • Thank You
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2013, 04:28:42 AM »
um..idk why it posted that twice... but yea absolutley no touchscreen on Any of those ROMS.  not even barely.. been using a mouse with it.

my bad for not recognizn the dupe post  :android-tongue:

ok well we can - and i dont mean to be rude - not "guess" the right .ko file or driver for your device and we honestly might have to wait for the new roms to be upp'd by HcH for i do not know where to even begin to "guess" which driver config to put in your tab to give you functionality of it... sorry my friend but that is the honest truth - we are not "miracle" workers but simple volunteers trying to benefit all of our members

i must say i am  :android-displeased:  :'(  :android-displeased:  very sad by this for i wish i knew a solution but unless you wish to try other firmwares or consult paypal to try to "force" your re-seller to get your devices original factory firmware there is not much else that this forum has to offer.

the best thing to do is to try to get your re-seller to correct the firmware link and ask them for factory info so you can persue this yourself
OR
see what HcH has for new roms that will soon be available but HONESTLY-IF IT WAS ME- i would persue the re-seller and make a claim and raise a dispute with paypal....here is why-

for electronic devices such as computers when you purchase them you are entitled to the software provided on the devices-you own that software-meaning that you purchased this device and tested it and were not provided the software (rom/firmware) to restore it then you might have a "leg" to stand on. I honestly want to help you but i am not magician or miracle worker... i put my pants on one-leg-at-a-time like you do  ;)
« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 04:30:32 AM by twjordo »
™©®

Offline hahaman42

• Site Donor
  • Thank You
  • Uber-Noobie
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2013, 04:36:00 AM »
ouch... so can i take it apart and see what kind of ts chip i got or something....? and yea i guess ill try the paypal idea.. if can get the firmware than ill be straight. i got a few leads though. like possible could you help me restore this uberizer ROM dump i got off another topic on this site. guy with what looked to be same tab. same problem. fixed it and made a backup. i got the backup. but when i try to restore i get all the way to the part where it boots my tab into CWM recovery. i format the things it tells me to format. mount the systems it tells me to mount. and hit "any key" to proceed and it gives me the error something to the sort of: "error /emmc/ file does not exist.  with about 3 other erros dealing with no file on emmc.  i ran it as Admin. im using the x86 driver. adb communitcates well. uberizer is recognizing my tab.. for now.
im not askin for miricales i understand if im screwed.

Offline hahaman42

• Site Donor
  • Thank You
  • Uber-Noobie
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2013, 04:49:44 AM »
but man i appreciate your help give me some pointers with uberizer tommorrow or something i gota work in the morning. ill get back on her tomorrow an follow up hopefully.

thanks for your help

Online twjordo

• TechKnow Co-Owner
  • Administrator
  • Uber Member
  • Thank You
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2013, 04:52:55 AM »
ouch... so can i take it apart and see what kind of ts chip i got or something....? and yea i guess ill try the paypal idea.. if can get the firmware than ill be straight. i got a few leads though. like possible could you help me restore this uberizer ROM dump i got off another topic on this site. guy with what looked to be same tab. same problem. fixed it and made a backup. i got the backup. but when i try to restore i get all the way to the part where it boots my tab into CWM recovery. i format the things it tells me to format. mount the systems it tells me to mount. and hit "any key" to proceed and it gives me the error something to the sort of: "error /emmc/ file does not exist.  with about 3 other erros dealing with no file on emmc.  i ran it as Admin. im using the x86 driver. adb communitcates well. uberizer is recognizing my tab.. for now.
im not askin for miricales i understand if im screwed.
honestly i do not think you are "screwed" but it is unlikely that som1 elses "dump" will work for you... email sent to you  8-)
™©®

Online twjordo

• TechKnow Co-Owner
  • Administrator
  • Uber Member
  • Thank You
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2013, 04:57:26 AM »
also re: the restoring of dump files you must have the procedure done specifically to the info provided... not that you have not done that but that your device might not be same and i live on CST so we can get together

also the instructions are clearly posted word for word on how to restore from dump so if it does not work then it is an error in your pc's config or device compatibility.... we will dive into that later but know i am not giving up on you  ;)
™©®

Offline toxicro

• Global Moderator
  • Uber Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Received: 112
  • 有毒的
  • Tablet / Size / Model: Jazz C725
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2013, 01:25:52 PM »
Your tablet looks like Ainol 7 Legend and this tablet use one special TS driver ft5x02.ko.

My FaaastJB is based on Legend ROM but i modified display to 800x480 maybe that's why don't work on your tablet.

Anyway this is original link to ICS/JB for Legend - http://www.futeko.com/navpage/support.php#leg

After searching on the net i found more firmware for 9" models:
http://www.86pp.com/download_view.asp?id=670#.UReW6GfTJqN
http://www.maipad.net/update-softwares/mx913.html
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 01:52:34 PM by toxicro »

Offline hahaman42

• Site Donor
  • Thank You
  • Uber-Noobie
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2013, 04:49:05 AM »
Your tablet looks like Ainol 7 Legend and this tablet use one special TS driver ft5x02.ko.

My FaaastJB is based on Legend ROM but i modified display to 800x480 maybe that's why don't work on your tablet.

Anyway this is original link to ICS/JB for Legend - http://www.futeko.com/navpage/support.php#leg

After searching on the net i found more firmware for 9" models:
http://www.86pp.com/download_view.asp?id=670#.UReW6GfTJqN
http://www.maipad.net/update-softwares/mx913.html

Sounds promising. Thank you so much man even if they dont work. ima try em out....The data bill at the house this month is going to be outrageous.. haha :money:

ill let you know how it goes.

Offline hahaman42

• Site Donor
  • Thank You
  • Uber-Noobie
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2013, 04:52:18 AM »
500MB file might take a little time.. dont wait up lol

Offline hahaman42

• Site Donor
  • Thank You
  • Uber-Noobie
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2013, 03:14:26 PM »
Problem solved!!!!!  Thanks to u guys.. definately donating some more payday.... one of the MaPan913 roms worked perfectly all but the market
Sound..gps..touch..wii.usb all good..

Gogle play worked once.. wont let me instsll a app now I can browse but error 919 (changes) when attempting to "accept and install"
Idk if it has anything  to do wih it but default browser wants to load google hong kong.... probly a regional setting

Online HardcoreHacker

• TechKnow Owner
  • Administrator
  • Uber Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6893
  • -Received: 2087
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2013, 03:26:04 PM »
Hey hahaman42,

that's great news! To fix the google play store, get the Uberizer ;-) then you can also modify easily your build.prop on the device.

Cheers!

HcH

Offline toxicro

• Global Moderator
  • Uber Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Received: 112
  • 有毒的
  • Tablet / Size / Model: Jazz C725
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2013, 06:09:25 PM »
 :android-lol: good to know one more user is happy  :android-hypnotized:

HcH i think we need one special section for 9" tablets ROM

Offline xjj19

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Received: 0
  • Uber-Noobie
  • Tablet / Size / Model: mid 7 share / mid 8 knc
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2013, 05:03:47 AM »
thanks so much to the Team of Techknow for the wonderful welcome to me here, its an honor for me to be following and of course to be 1 of the guest here,,,, again guys, i really proud ALL of you in Team Techknow....

Offline fure68

• Thank You
  • Uber-Noobie
  • Tablet / Size / Model: Tablet PC A13 9" KB901 V3.2 09112012
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2013, 11:17:34 PM »
Hi guys and thks adm for warm welcome;)
I'm in kind of dark zone with a tablet.
I'm new with android and bought two tablets (one for me, one for GF) last Christmas.
My tablet -> Flytouch 8 Superpad VIII 10.2" A10 
GF tablet -> Tablet PC A13 TS 9" mother board KB901 V3.2 09112012 see link of very same one at http://www.szstzl.com/productlist.asp?ID=Y3V2VU9TSU

After less than a month my super Tablet lock on boot at Androoid logo and don't go any further. I've downloaded livesuit and tried various rom but couldn't download any. At the end I tried with GF tablet to see if had problem with my PC but....GF tablet immediately downloaded new rom from livesuit........and TS go out of order :((
Finally I've got original img file from supplier for my tablet and it get back working normal but......
GF tablet now has TS dead. I've tried to download various rom but touch function doesn't start even if I can use with external keyboard. Originally 4.1.1 android was loaded on this tablet.
So, if you have any suggestion for good img file for this 9" capacitive tablet I'll really appreciate.
If somebody need I can send img of superpad VIII

Offline satcomranger

• TechKnow Co-Owner
  • Administrator
  • Uber Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 304
  • -Received: 4670
  • I'm old - But still Learning
  • Tablet / Size / Model: VIA WM8650/ 7" / Option 8 / MID-703
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2013, 11:39:20 PM »
I'm new with android and bought two tablets (one for me, one for GF) last Christmas.
GF tablet -> Tablet PC A13 TS 9" mother board KB901 V3.2 09112012 see link of very same one at http://www.szstzl.com/productlist.asp?ID=Y3V2VU9TSU

After less than a month my super Tablet lock on boot at Androoid logo and don't go any further. I've downloaded livesuit and tried various rom but couldn't download any. At the end I tried with GF tablet to see if had problem with my PC but....GF tablet immediately downloaded new rom from livesuit........and TS go out of order :((
Finally I've got original img file from supplier for my tablet and it get back working normal but......
GF tablet now has TS dead. I've tried to download various rom but touch function doesn't start even if I can use with external keyboard. Originally 4.1.1 android was loaded on this tablet.
So, if you have any suggestion for good img file for this 9" capacitive tablet I'll really appreciate.

sure we can use the A10 Superpad 7 rom .. if you can just give us a link to the file sharing site we can grab it from there .
Now the bad news .. there are hundreds of these different A13 tablets and just as many roms .. you will have to try one till it works .. the A13 is normally fielded with ICS 4.0.X.  We do not have any stock 4.1.1 roms yet .. so we suggest you get the A13 rom from your seller !!
Also toxicro has a jelly bean he is develping, but you wud need to provide rom dump or several files so he can tailor it to the tablets hardware ..

We advise you to get the original Factory Firmware from your re-seller if we do not have it in our rom's section. Thanks!
Tab 1-Via WM8650 Option 8,Green Power/Red Charge, Black Audio - Vibrate No - 2 Point Touch Uberoid V12B2
Tab 2-Flytouch 3/Superpad 3 - Axlien (Based on Tim4e)
Tab 3-Dell Streak 7 Wifi Stock Honeycomb 3.2
Tab 4-M799CA V2.0 Running TKT3.2A
Retired Electronics Tech / Network Engineer

Offline fure68

• Thank You
  • Uber-Noobie
  • Tablet / Size / Model: Tablet PC A13 9" KB901 V3.2 09112012
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2013, 11:46:15 PM »

sure we can use the A10 Superpad 7 rom .. if you can just give us a link to the file sharing site we can grab it from there .
Now the bad news .. there are hundreds of these different A13 tablets and just as many roms .. you will have to try one till it works .. the A13 is normally fielded with ICS 4.0.X.  We do not have any stock 4.1.1 roms yet .. so we suggest you get the A13 rom from your seller !!
Also toxicro has a jelly bean he is develping, but you wud need to provide rom dump or several files so he can tailor it to the tablets hardware ..

We advise you to get the original Factory Firmware from your re-seller if we do not have it in our rom's section. Thanks!

Ehm...I forget tell you the last news I've got to know yesterday: the ebay shop where I've bought this tablet closed, they have no more object on sales in their ebay shop page....I've tried to contact the guy but he reply in a very vanishing way and no action from him up to now.

Offline satcomranger

• TechKnow Co-Owner
  • Administrator
  • Uber Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 304
  • -Received: 4670
  • I'm old - But still Learning
  • Tablet / Size / Model: VIA WM8650/ 7" / Option 8 / MID-703
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2013, 11:52:41 PM »
well then you dont hve much choice but to try  roms and see what works of try the JB rom from toxicro..but if you dont have any rom dump files to give him .. he may not be able to help you !!  The rom dump files needed to be made when it cam out of the box so all the correct drivers are used ..
Tab 1-Via WM8650 Option 8,Green Power/Red Charge, Black Audio - Vibrate No - 2 Point Touch Uberoid V12B2
Tab 2-Flytouch 3/Superpad 3 - Axlien (Based on Tim4e)
Tab 3-Dell Streak 7 Wifi Stock Honeycomb 3.2
Tab 4-M799CA V2.0 Running TKT3.2A
Retired Electronics Tech / Network Engineer