Author Topic: No Touch Screen (TS) after flashing.  (Read 8031 times)

Offline HardcoreHacker

• Administrator
  • Uber Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6719
  • -Received: 2012
No Touch Screen (TS) after flashing.
« on: January 11, 2013, 01:21:22 PM »
If the problem is just the TS, get Uberizer v1.4, use option k/25 to edit the init.sun5i.rc:

Code: (init.sun5i.rc original) [Select]
# insmod /system/vendor/modules/ft5x_ts.ko
# insmod /system/vendor/modules/mma7660.ko
# insmod /system/vendor/modules/goodix_touch.ko
# insmod /system/vendor/modules/gt818_ts.ko
# insmod /system/vendor/modules/gslX680.ko
insmod /system/vendor/modules/zt8031.ko

You see "#" in front of the lines to insmod (load) a .ko (driver) file, uncomment one to make it active, comment the currently active one, like this:
Code: (init.sun5i.rc mod) [Select]
# insmod /system/vendor/modules/ft5x_ts.ko
# insmod /system/vendor/modules/mma7660.ko
# insmod /system/vendor/modules/goodix_touch.ko
insmod /system/vendor/modules/gt818_ts.ko
# insmod /system/vendor/modules/gslX680.ko
# insmod /system/vendor/modules/zt8031.ko

Note#1: after changing the init.sun5i.rc you need to reboot
Note#2: if it's not working after a reboot, check using the Uberizer if the changes you've applied are still there, some firmware overwrite the inits on boot fromout some recovery file you would need to edit.

If you still have no TS after changing the .ko driver:

1. open the init rc again, check if the applied mod still applies to this file, it could be overwritten by some recovery.
2. Try the next .ko for TS
3. Try the guide by PaulyboyUK: http://www.techknow.t0xic.nl/forum/index.php?topic=4531.msg52376#msg52376

Quote from: PaulyboyUK
ok just a recap - i have had days of trying to import drivers to get my touch working - at best when using insmod and driver for my chip i was getting a distorted touch ONLY ON SOME ROMS - ie screen was showing input the was not where i was touching etc - tried ten different sources of driver - and prob every rom hch has on here! some gave me distorted input and some gave me absolutely NOTHING! Nothing worked just same issues every time - then i find out about a nifty little file called an idc file-  they are stored in /system/usr/idc/ and all i had to do was use a generic idc file but with the name of my specific ts driver - ie in my case gslX680.ko and the idc file needed to be called gslX680.idc and it just worked straight away.

HcH
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 04:04:13 PM by HardcoreHacker »

Online twjordo

• Administrator
  • Uber Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4920
  • -Received: 2308
  • Tablet / Size / Model: =   :cool-android:    :android-wink:    :cool-android:
Re: No Touch Screen (TS) after flashing.
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2013, 07:49:15 AM »
WELL SUCCESS YAY!!!!!!!!

ok just a recap - i have had days of trying to import drivers to get my touch working - at best when using insmod and driver for my chip i was getting a distorted touch ONLY ON SOME ROMS - ie screen was showing input the was not where i was touching etc - tried ten different sources of driver - and prob every rom hch has on here! some gave me distorted inlut and some gave me absolutely NOTHING! Nothing worked just same issues every time - then i find out about a nifty little file called an idc file-  they are stored in /system/usr/idc/ and all i had to do was use a generic idc file but with the name of my specific ts driver - ie in my case gslX680.ko and the idc file needed to be called gslX680.idc and it just worked straight away.

Sorry if this is a bit garbled but this took me so long and the magic moment just happened - i also think we may be able to use this info in alot of cases in order to resolve TS issues

Will add more to this when i can make more sense!!!

Regards

Paul
Guest consider a donation  - Thanks!
▌│█║▌║▌║ ⓤⓑⓔⓡⓞⓘⓓ + ⓤⓑⓔⓡⓘⓩⓔⓡ ║▌║▌║█│▌
™©®