Forum > A13 Compatible Software and Games

[APP] DosBox Turbo (some assembly Required to make work)

(1/1)

Cael:
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fishstix.dosbox&hl=en

"Description
A highly optimized and feature enhanced port of the latest SVN Version of the DOSBox DOS emulator for Android where new optimizations and features are introduced at a rapid pace. Run your old DOS games quickly, with full mouse, keyboard, sound and analog joystick emulation.

If you have no experience with DOS emulators, please read our FAQ first ( goo.gl/0HaF5 )

NOTE: As with any DOS emulator, this application needs access to the SDCARD and plenty of free memory to run. Your phone should have at least 50+MB to run DosBox properly. Copy your old DOS games onto your SD card and start playing!

FEATURES:
★ FASTEST DOS Emulator for Android
★ NEW! Now includes separate optimized builds for ARM and MIPS based Android devices.
★ NEW! Based upon latest DOSBOX SVN
★ NEW! Universal Button/Controller Support (Wii, Xbox360, Game Gripper, PS3, Xperia Play controllers and more!).
★ Game Profiles Manager
★ Absolute Finger & Pointer tracking, use DOS applications intuitively on a touch screen! (experimental)
★ Gestures Support (Swipe Up/Down, double tap, Long Press, 2-Finger)
★ Customize Dos Game Covers/Icons in Profile Manager
★ Button Mapping Support
★ ARMv7 processor optimization for enhanced speed
★ Support for Phones & Tablets
★ Use DPAD and Optical Trackpad as mouse/joystick.
★ Highly optimized port of the lastest DosBox version. Additional enhancements for modern ARMv7 phones.
★ Virtual Mouse emulation mode, with left & right click!
★ Can remap volume keys to mouse or joystick buttons.
★ Virtual Multi-Touch *Analog* Joystick emulation!
★ Full Sound Support!
★ Full Android Input Method support (use any keyboard from the market - HackersKeyboard recommended!)
★ FAST!! ( http://goo.gl/Tt7X5 )
★ Special Key Combination emulation.
★ Switch to portrait or landscape mode without restart!
★ Stretch scaling to full landscape.
★ Default Fast & HQ Scaling modes.
★ Supports external USB/Bluetooth mice & joysticks [Android 3.1+]
★ Supports Right Click on Trackpads & mice. [Android 4.0+]
★ Full ASUS Transformer keyboard & trackpad support.
★ Can be used with any 3rd Party Keyboard replacement to emulate DPAD or Cursor Keys (our GamePad, or HackersKeyboard is recommended).
★ Full Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) and Jelly Bean (JB) support (Android 4.0, 4.1, 4.2).

To Enable Cursor/Arrow Keys:
============================
Use any 3rd party Android Input Method (Keyboard) replacement. Highly recommend the free HackersKeyboard, which supports transparency, cursor keys and Function Keys or you can try the Free 'GamePad' keyboard. With DosBox Turbo, there is no need to pay extra for virtual cursor keys and/or gamepads.

ok enough plugging . out of the box it's Incompatable with the A13's (or atleast the DCPAD2121)

to make it work:
You Need a zip utility on your tablet or use the APKTOOL to unpack it.
copy these libs(from temp folder you used/lib/armeabi)  to /data/data/com.fishstyx.dosbox/libs
"libdosbox.so"
"libfishstix_util.so"
"libdosbox-v7.so"

Install this application: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fishstix.dosboxlauncher&feature=more_from_developer#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEwMiwiY29tLmZpc2hzdGl4LmRvc2JveGxhdW5jaGVyIl0. and create a profile. scroll all teh way down and select "Disable optimzations" (this forces dosbox Turbo to use the ARMv5 lib "libdosbox.so"

HardcoreHacker:
NICE! Many thanks for sharing Cael!

I love DosBox and the Android builts for it. A while back I tried DosBox Turbo and aDosBox, eventually the aDosBox was most stable, but I've also read that DosBox Turbo had a lot of patches, very interesting :)

HcH

Duplicity:
Thanks also.

There is something important about downgrading modern software back to DOS. Thousands of years from now people like us will still port a DOS platform of some kind.

Duplicity

hahaman42:
this seems to be the only topic i can find about DOS box on here.... so sorry if im out of place. but i was wondering. i cannot seem to find out how to share files between my DOSbox and android. what i essentially want to do is install an old iExplorer and get it connected to the internet.. reason being i am a mechanic and this Database i use called ShopKey5 only is compatible with iExplore  :android-lame:  so im trying to find a way to make this happen on my android tablet..

Any suggestions for 1: how to get the .exe install file in the DosBox for install to Win95  .... and....2: how to get win95 connected to the internet through my tabs wifi connection?

or.. am i SOL?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version