Author Topic: MD708 - A13 Firmware from seller problem  (Read 7297 times)

Offline Fer_28

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Received: 1
  • Uber-Noobie
  • Tablet / Size / Model: yeahpad a13/7 inches/mo708
MD708 - A13 Firmware from seller problem
« on: November 02, 2012, 07:28:34 AM »
Hello everyone

Im new at all this android tablet scene but since i got this tablet i learned a few things most of them from this page (faq) firmwares etc.

Mi tablet came working perfect the first day, the next day it goes into boot loop, that freaked me out    :android-shocked: MY NEW TABLET DOESN'T WORK then i started searching i contacted the seller he send me  the original firmware an img file but nothing else shocking since it was my very first shop of an android tablet and the seller know that, ok after more search i learned from you guys how to use live suit in a a 13 and how to identify my tablet by the way a13b i try to install the firmware that my seller send me , and who would know surprise surprise it does'nt upgrade it goes to 26 % and go back with an error i downloaded since that happen may be 6 firmwares and some of them started but the famous touchscreen problem apears thats my problem every firmware that i tried that starts  not one works with touch screen i wanted this tablet to show my little girl of 1 and a half years old her videos of cebebies (kids chanel) that she loves so please guys a little help will be greatly appreciated and good karma will go your way for helping a new dad to calm his doughter  ;)

this are the links:
Tablet 1

Original Firmware

Pls i tried this firmware many times but it keeps hanging in 26% so pls help needed

bye and thx for reading

edited to change topic to proper caps.... also edited links
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 01:32:52 PM by twjordo »

Offline c345y

• Thank You
  • -Given: 91
  • -Received: 32
  • Uber-Noobie
  • Tablet / Size / Model: A13-MID/7/A13
Re: MD708 A13 FIRMWARE FROM SELLER PROBLEM
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2012, 07:42:54 AM »
Hello everyone

Im new at all this android tablet scene but since i got this tablet i learned a few things most of them from this page (faq) firmwares etc.

Mi tablet came working perfect the first day, the next day it goes into boot loop, that freaked me out    :android-shocked: MY NEW TABLET DOESN'T WORK then i started searching i contacted the seller he send me  the original firmware an img file but nothing else shocking since it was my very first shop of an android tablet and the seller know that, ok after more search i learned from you guys how to use live suit in a a 13 and how to identify my tablet by the way a13b i try to install the firmware that my seller send me , and who would know surprise surprise it does'nt upgrade it goes to 26 % and go back with an error i downloaded since that happen may be 6 firmwares and some of them started but the famous touchscreen problem apears thats my problem every firmware that i tried that starts  not one works with touch screen i wanted this tablet to show my little girl of 1 and a half years old her videos of cebebies (kids chanel) that she loves so please guys a little help will be greatly appreciated and good karma will go your way for helping a new dad to calm his doughter  ;)

this are the links:
Tablet http://www.focalprice.com/CE0127X/MD708_70_Capacitive_5point_TFT_Touch_Screen_Android_403_Tablet_PC.html#.UJMZncXQeFQ

Original Firmware
http://www.focalprice.com/CE0127X/MD708_70_Capacitive_5point_TFT_Touch_Screen_Android_403_Tablet_PC.html#.UJMZncXQeFQ
`
Pls i tried this firmware many times but it keeps hanging in 26% so pls help needed

bye and thx for reading

There's too many clone for this type.
You should try 1 by 1 by yourself which one is fit.
there are some you can try:
http://chipa.ge/A13/download.php?file=Android_for_A13_allwinner_4.0.4.rar
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1096320/q88-nanda.tar
http://index.maixin-china.com/download/software/MaPan_MX713_Firmware_HG20121028.rar
https://hotfile.com/dl/174840906/d911cd9/goodix811mxc622x.img.html

I hope it will bring back to life your tablets.
WM8650 - Uberoid ROM / Green Led / Android 2.2 / 7" / 3000mAh
Ainovo Paladin - Original Rom / Android 4.0.3 / 7" A8 512MB RAM 4GB ROM/ 4200mAh
Cube U9GT2 - Original Rom / Android 4.0.3 / 9.7" A9 1GB ROM 8GB RAM / 10000mAh
A13/Q88 - Goodix811+Mxc622x / Android 4.0.4 / 7" A13B 512MB RAM 4GB ROM / 4000mAh
Vimicro - Original Rom / Android 2.3 / 8" A8 1GB RAM 8GB ROM / 5000mAh

Offline Fer_28

• Thank You
  • Uber-Noobie
  • Tablet / Size / Model: yeahpad a13/7 inches/mo708
Re: MD708 - A13 Firmware from seller problem
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2012, 03:45:19 AM »

First Thank you i tried every firmware and when i lost all hope it worked :android-rules: finally i revived my tablet i was very happy and just in time i went to a farm and i take my tablet whit videos my doughter was very happy she sees her videos before bed time XD she and i say thanks for everithing TechKnow and especially c345y 
Pd.
The firmware that it worked was Han Chai-A13-A long.img

well except the g sensor but thats something im willing to live with.
in any case i let the original firmware that my seller sent me if anione want to trie in my tablet does'nt work
Bye

Offline HardcoreHacker

• Administrator
  • Uber Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6498
  • -Received: 1955
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2012, 02:55:50 PM »
If the " Han Chai-A13-A long.img " image works, you can also use Uberoid v1.0 on the tablet.

Offline marilynwmanson

• Thank You
  • Uber-Noobie
  • Tablet / Size / Model: mid/7/?
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2012, 06:33:12 PM »
i have a same tablet of the picture, i install the hang chai rom and the touch screen dont work and intall the uberoid firmware and the touch screen dont work :android-shocked: im lost searching you have some idea????

Offline satcomranger

• Administrator
  • Uber Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 298
  • -Received: 4417
  • I'm old - But still Learning
  • Tablet / Size / Model: VIA WM8650/ 7" / Option 8 / MID-703
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2012, 06:37:48 PM »
i have a same tablet of the picture, i install the hang chai rom and the touch screen dont work and intall the uberoid firmware and the touch screen dont work :android-shocked: im lost searching you have some idea????

flash till u find one that works .. there are hundreds of kinds of these tablets and just as many different roms ..
http://www.techknow.t0xic.nl/forum/index.php?board=131.0
Tab 1-Via WM8650 Option 8,Green Power/Red Charge, Black Audio - Vibrate No - 2 Point Touch Uberoid V12B2
Tab 2-Flytouch 3/Superpad 3 - Axlien (Based on Tim4e)
Tab 3-Dell Streak 7 Wifi Stock Honeycomb 3.2
Tab 4-M799CA V2.0 Running TKT3.2A
Retired Electronics Tech / Network Engineer

Offline Gattaca

• Thank You
  • -Received: 0
  • Uber-Noobie
  • Tablet / Size / Model: MD708
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2012, 09:20:04 PM »
I have the same tablet and I´m searching for the original firmware from Focalprice. Can anyone please help me on that! I have TWO broken tablets and they should be Christmas presents!
Thank you very much for your kind help
Gattaca

Offline satcomranger

• Administrator
  • Uber Member
  • Thank You
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2012, 09:24:34 PM »
I have the same tablet and I´m searching for the original firmware from Focalprice. Can anyone please help me on that! I have TWO broken tablets and they should be Christmas presents!
Thank you very much for your kind help
Gattaca

if the rom is not in our rom section .. then we dont have it ..wish we could help, but there are literally hundreds of different kinds of these tablets and just as many roms ..
Tab 1-Via WM8650 Option 8,Green Power/Red Charge, Black Audio - Vibrate No - 2 Point Touch Uberoid V12B2

Offline Gattaca

• Thank You
  • -Received: 0
  • Uber-Noobie
  • Tablet / Size / Model: MD708
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2012, 09:59:20 PM »
Thank you for your quick reply. I have the MD708, as the one who started the thread. But his link  to the original firmware does not work. In the ROM section are a huge amount of firmwares, but I do not know which to use.

Maybe someone can help me on that
Thank you very much!
Gattaca

Offline vietnamese604

• Thank You
  • Uber-Noobie
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2012, 01:19:08 AM »
^ I too need the original firmware if any of you guys were able to obtain that would be great to share

Offline conectrons

• Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Received: 3
  • Uber-Noobie
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2013, 11:56:59 AM »
Hi I have the exact same tablet.
this rom
http://www.filefactory.com/file/726d6u0nyxwz/n/A13_FW_20121108new_TechKnowForum_net_7z
has fixed everything. even the usbdrivers.
THANKS TO THE TEAM!!!!!!!!!!

Offline m4rkiz

• Thank You
  • Uber-Noobie
  • Tablet / Size / Model: a13 md708 7 inch - http://goo.gl/lrur0
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2013, 05:05:53 PM »
i have it too, wanted to use it to learn bit more about android, but can't make a backup...
i have root, running adb, pushing romdump, setting permissions but get seg fault on execution

romdump can't open '/proc/mtd': No such file or directory \ done. \ Opening mtd table... Segmentation fault

any tips or other easy way to backup this one? focalprice dot com/CE0127X

Offline satcomranger

• Administrator
  • Uber Member
  • Thank You
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2013, 05:41:08 PM »
i have it too, wanted to use it to learn bit more about android, but can't make a backup...
i have root, running adb, pushing romdump, setting permissions but get seg fault on execution

romdump can't open '/proc/mtd': No such file or directory \ done. \ Opening mtd table... Segmentation fault

any tips or other easy way to backup this one? focalprice dot com/CE0127X

what are you doing when you get the errors ?  What operating system are you running on your computer.. ?  These are windows errors .. or you have no busybox installed ..

Offline m4rkiz

• Thank You
  • Uber-Noobie
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2013, 07:10:57 PM »
sorry for wasting your time A13_ROM_Dump_Tool.7z  is working fine for me with some drivers from uberizer

Offline Duplicity

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Received: 58
  • Uber-Noobie
  • Tablet / Size / Model: 7" MID
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2013, 11:35:49 PM »
From someone who is fairly new to this site the single biggest thing that I see on here is no one stops to read anything, there is a never ending cycle of "Need rom for xxxx tablet" or "Looking for rom for tablet xxxx. Plz help".

It takes two seconds to read some of the posts and see that the answer is always the same. And I am curious if it set up as a hotkey to create it... If it is not in the rom section it is not here, ask your reseller. But still, everyday new people land here and the first post is asking the same questions.

M4rkiz - I can't speak for satcomranger, but it isn't about wasting time from my perspective, everyone here in the community is here to help. But helping starts with yourself. In your case, one search in Google on seg fault will give you this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Segmentation_fault

You clearly used Google to get here. And if you didn't why not? Not ripping on you, just saying, there are tools available to navigate a lot of this stuff. Then, in the end you apologize for wasting time and say its working now using drivers in Uberizer which to me suggests you lucked out and not that you researched the error. I could be wrong and I will apologize in advance if that was the case. You said yourself that you want to "learn bit more about android" and learning starts with reading. I have never seen a classroom where all students do is ask the teacher random questions about a topic they know little about.

We are all fortunate to have some very skilled people investing a lot of personal time trying to help us all. Having them answer the ongoing and repetitive questions is like having a doctor who fills out paperwork. It's just not a good use of their time.

So anyone reading this, congratulations, you have been learning today.

Duplicity

Offline satcomranger

• Administrator
  • Uber Member
  • Thank You
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2013, 11:41:00 PM »
From someone who is fairly new to this site the single biggest thing that I see on here is no one stops to read anything, there is a never ending cycle of "Need rom for xxxx tablet" or "Looking for rom for tablet xxxx. Plz help".

It takes two seconds to read some of the posts and see that the answer is always the same. And I am curious if it set up as a hotkey to create it... If it is not in the rom section it is not here, ask your reseller. But still, everyday new people land here and the first post is asking the same questions.

M4rkiz - I can't speak for satcomranger, but it isn't about wasting time from my perspective, everyone here in the community is here to help. But helping starts with yourself. In your case, one search in Google on seg fault will give you this:

You clearly used Google to get here. And if you didn't why not? Not ripping on you, just saying, there are tools available to navigate a lot of this stuff. Then, in the end you apologize for wasting time and say its working now using drivers in Uberizer which to me suggests you lucked out and not that you researched the error. I could be wrong and I will apologize in advance if that was the case. You said yourself that you want to "learn bit more about android" and learning starts with reading. I have never seen a classroom where all students do is ask the teacher random questions about a topic they know little about.

We are all fortunate to have some very skilled people investing a lot of personal time trying to help us all. Having them answer the ongoing and repetitive questions is like having a doctor who fills out paperwork. It's just not a good use of their time.

So anyone reading this, congratulations, you have been learning today.

Duplicity

Yes it is a hotkey
We advise you to get the original Factory Firmware from your re-seller if we do not have it in our rom's section. Thanks! 

Offline twjordo

• Administrator
  • Uber Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4760
  • -Received: 2270
  • Tablet / Size / Model: =   :cool-android:    :android-wink:    :cool-android:
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2013, 01:34:05 AM »
We advise you to get the original Factory Firmware from your re-seller if we do not have it in our rom's section. Thanks!  :android-tongue:  :android-tongue: hehehe Satcomranger is truly like a skilled surgeon with these a13's thanks for the kind words Duplicity
Guest consider a donation  - Thanks!
▌│█║▌║▌║ ⓤⓑⓔⓡⓞⓘⓓ + ⓤⓑⓔⓡⓘⓩⓔⓡ ║▌║▌║█│▌
™©®

Offline m4rkiz

• Thank You
  • Uber-Noobie
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2013, 11:43:32 PM »

you are right, thing is - although i have basics covered and i really do know what segfault is i just don't have enough knowledge of linux to do anything about error that romdump returns, especially when next tool i tried worked fine, the thing with those A13 based tablet is that there is hundreds of them and it is a bit hard to find out which informations are tablet specific and which can be used across whole range

up to this moment i have used p990 which is unbrickable, but i needed something else to experiment with, and i already know that backup is the first thing to do or one can end up with nice paperweight ;)

anyway i have backup done and i'll try to play with it

for a start - if you own one of these i can save you some time - that guide http://www.techknow.t0xic.nl/forum/index.php?topic=4459.0 don't work with it - installing Chainfire3D driver make it even less responsive, and if you do what is described in point 5 of this guide you end up with plenty of garbage on the screen... in most games

over-clocking part is working ok, and tablet seems to be as stable at 1.2Ghz as it is on stock settings but i guess that this chip is so slow that extra 20% of cpu power don't make too much difference

on the plus side it works ok with huawei E173u-2 dongle on stock rom, although usb port is placed on top and seems way too fragile and inconvenient for prolonged use