Author Topic: Unable to reboot from SD and USB  (Read 2541 times)

Offline rmjhou1689

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Received: 1
  • Uber-Noobie
  • Tablet / Size / Model: Eken TO1A 7"
Unable to reboot from SD and USB
« on: September 25, 2012, 02:09:34 PM »
Hi. I guess before I tell you guys the problem/s on my newly bought but already comatosed tablet, the specifications are as follows:

Operating System : Android 4.0 ICS
Kernel : 3.0.8
Build Number: Ver. 1.2.0

It's an Eken TO1A WM 8850 7" Tablet with the camera on the upper right corner. The box is different from that of an eken box but my searches within Mr.Google tells me that it is what I assume it to be.

So.. I bought the tablet on ebay philippines; it seems promising when I received it but on the second day it suddenly hang in the loading screen (the one with the robot becoming a sandwich), I tried to contact to the seller but he didn't even gave me a reply. I turned it off and on but nothing happens. I fully charged it and after the third reset it suddenly worked fine until my sister downloaded instagram, kept it open along with facebook and twitter while editing a photo. The tablet freezes and shows a black screen. I again tried to do what I did during the first time it froze but nothing happens.

I eventually came upon forums that resets/ reboot the tablet by upgrading the firmware. First was the live suit thingy, upgrading it thru the PC by connecting it via the USB Port. Unfortunely, the USB device was not recognized, when the first time I plugged it the PC recognized it! This is the first thing that I don't understand. I think I should have ticked the USB debug when it prompted me the first time. I cannot do that anymore because the second problem is that the screen blackens right after showing the ICS robot after the share logo. It does not follow the robot becoming a sandwich anymore. It just blackens.

My last resort is the SD card. I formatted it with a file system of fat 32 as many in the forums said. I downloaded and tried almost all firmwares available and applicable to WM 8850/ Eken TO1A but when I insert the SD card and turn on the tablet nothing happens just the share logo and robot and again, it the screens blackens. I also tried the On button while pressing the volume+ a lot of times. The boot robot shows but no system recovery or something, after that and yet again,the share logo and the robot and a black screen..

As of now, I am yet again formatting my SD card with the non-quick format option.

I am about to bump my head on the wall with terrible headache this gave me. Please help...

-Edit-
I'm sorry. I only notice it now that this was posted in the wrong thread. Sorry.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 12:12:57 PM by HardcoreHacker »

Offline satcomranger

• Administrator
  • Uber Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 299
  • -Received: 4471
  • I'm old - But still Learning
  • Tablet / Size / Model: VIA WM8650/ 7" / Option 8 / MID-703
Re: Unable to reboot from SD and USB
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2012, 06:32:30 PM »
first off .. STOP using roms not for your tablet ..you will surely brick it if you have not already done so ..

the Eken T01a  is NOT a wm8850 !  I know i have an Eken T01A  it is a Allwinner Boxchip A10.  These devices use a totally different processor .. so you need to tell us
EXACTLY which one you have ..and they flash in different ways .. the wm8850 uses an sd card
the T01A uses livesuit via usb ..

when the T01A is in flash mode .. you do not have to worry about the usb debug being enabled .. matter a fact after a flash it is turned off ..if you have  T01A a few things you have to be sure of

1)  Make sure the tablet  is off   (Hold down the power button at leat 10 second)
2)  Hold down the volume up and press the power on button (while keeping volume up depressed)
wait 5 seconds release volume up and power ..
 or
2a) Hold down the volume up ...while connecting the usb cable to the tablet  windows should recognize the tablet
3) make sure windows installs the drivers.. if it doesnt .. you will not be able to flash .. find the how to flash using livesuit  it is pretty much the same as the A13 flash ..
4)  If it is a T01a  go to the eken support site .. they have two for the t01a  ... the difference is the rotation sensor ..

find out what you have before you brick the tablet !

« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 02:16:14 AM by satcomranger »
Tab 1-Via WM8650 Option 8,Green Power/Red Charge, Black Audio - Vibrate No - 2 Point Touch Uberoid V12B2
Tab 2-Flytouch 3/Superpad 3 - Axlien (Based on Tim4e)
Tab 3-Dell Streak 7 Wifi Stock Honeycomb 3.2
Tab 4-M799CA V2.0 Running TKT3.2A
Retired Electronics Tech / Network Engineer

Offline rmjhou1689

• Thank You
  • Uber-Noobie
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2012, 02:46:30 AM »
So.. uh.. I must have bricked it then? This is what the box and the back of the tablet looks like. I thought TO1A and WM 8850 is the same; though, the manual only says 8850.

Offline satcomranger

• Administrator
  • Uber Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 299
  • -Received: 4471
  • I'm old - But still Learning
  • Tablet / Size / Model: VIA WM8650/ 7" / Option 8 / MID-703
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2012, 02:55:50 AM »
well the box shows  your tab is a wm8850  .. which run a via wm8850 proessor ..
the Eken T01A is a Allwinner Boxchip A10 processor ..

I would contact your seller and get the original rom and see if you can flash it ...it may not be bricked, you just need to get the right rom and the right flash method for your tablet ..
Tab 1-Via WM8650 Option 8,Green Power/Red Charge, Black Audio - Vibrate No - 2 Point Touch Uberoid V12B2
Tab 2-Flytouch 3/Superpad 3 - Axlien (Based on Tim4e)
Tab 3-Dell Streak 7 Wifi Stock Honeycomb 3.2
Tab 4-M799CA V2.0 Running TKT3.2A
Retired Electronics Tech / Network Engineer

Offline rmjhou1689

• Thank You
  • Uber-Noobie
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2012, 02:58:20 AM »
I already tried doing that, he's not answering my calls nor my texts.

Offline twjordo

• Administrator
  • Uber Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4760
  • -Received: 2271
  • Tablet / Size / Model: =   :cool-android:    :android-wink:    :cool-android:
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2012, 08:50:33 AM »
 :android-question: is there a difference in the voltage between the wm8850 and the a10  :android-question:

all of my a10 devices are 5v where my wm8650 is 9v but i am not sure if the wm8850 voltage.... if the wm8850 does require different voltage then maybe this would be an easy way to tell you which you have even though it is not a solution maybe it will help  :android-question:
Guest consider a donation  - Thanks!
▌│█║▌║▌║ ⓤⓑⓔⓡⓞⓘⓓ + ⓤⓑⓔⓡⓘⓩⓔⓡ ║▌║▌║█│▌
™©®

Offline oreo27

• Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Received: 6
  • Android Noob
    • Dailymobile Forums
  • Tablet / Size / Model: Share MID-2330 (WM8850, Eken W70 Clone)
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2012, 12:08:13 PM »
Hi there and welcome to TechKnow.

I have the same exact tablet as you. I'm from the Philippines as well. How much did you get it for? Nagbebenta ako niyan.  :android-lol:

In any case, this firmware should work for you:

ftp://202.105.131.8/W70-1.1.0--20120815.rar

Instructions on what to do when this is unpacked can be found here:

http://www.eken.com/support/

Let us know how it goes.

Offline younicke

• Thank You
  • -Received: 0
  • Uber-Noobie
  • Tablet / Size / Model: 7" EKEN WM8850
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2012, 09:16:55 PM »
hi oreo7,

i tried using the rom that you posted on my unit which is exactly the same with the picture... i flashed successfully unfortunately the camera is not working and the touchpad is reversed. maybe you have the correct config file for that unit.

thanks,

younicke