Hi folks, I'm wondering if you can help. A friend of a friend bricked his tablet PC thing and handed it to me to see if I can sort it. I've been googling my butt off and trying firmware after firmware to no avail. I'm hoping that you guys might be able to point me in the right direction as this seems like a bit of a nightmare tablet....
1. What's the device's LED color when it's turned on ? Blue or Green ? This one is green.
2. Does the tablet vibrate at start up ? No vibration on startup
3. Does the tablet have a green or black audio port ? Black audio port.
4. Which connector has your tablet, 24 pins or 30 pins ? I can't really see but I would guess 24.
5. Which WMT version is it ? You can find that rightunder when booting or in settings\about device. Doesn't boot, it's bricked.
6. What is your actual RAM Size ? 128MB or 256MB ? To find that out, use e.g. Advanced Task Killer to see what's free. Don't rely on the about settings dialog as this might be manipulated. As above, no idea it's bricked.
7. What did the box label say ? MID / iRobot / ePad / aPad / SmartPad etc. 7" Touchpad Tablet PC Tablette Tactile.
I took it apart in order to get the relevant numbers.
Mainboard - WMS8105C
Processor - WM8505+
Processor Board - WMS8060B4
Thanks for any help