Author Topic: mk802 advice and info  (Read 4322 times)

Online twjordo

• TechKnow Co-Owner
  • Administrator
  • Uber Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5186
  • -Received: 2382
  • Tablet / Size / Model: =   :cool-android:    :android-wink:    :cool-android:
mk802 advice and info
« on: July 01, 2012, 03:43:30 PM »
the mk802 is being delivered all around the globe now and is a very nice device but is very small and next to weightless... hehe  i had several issues with installing a specific app i wanted to test for the mk802 called "droidmote".  it allows for you to control the mk802 via any other android device operating on the same wifi as the mk802.

to get this app to function you will need to flash the mk802 with a firmware developed specifically for the mk802 that includes settings that must be present for the device to communicate with the other android device of your choice. i do have this modified firmware but i will not post it here for it is "buggy" compared to the standard mk802 firmware which operates smoothly but WARNING for most of the downloads for the factory .img are incomplete and after 2 hours of testing i finally got the complete factory firmware which is same name as the incomplete links i had previously tested...here is that link for you if needed http://www.4shared.com/archive/TLzMhaXQ/en-us-NEW2-ak003img.html

you will need to get "livesuit" to do any flashing of this device and if you are fimiliar with the a10 platform than this should go easy enough for you

allow me to explain the bugs in the firmware needed for using the droidmote app -
it does play well for surfing the web and market if you have links and do not need to type anything for i had issues with the on-screen keyboard and my devices not sending keyboard data to the mk802... according to the developer it is just some added code to the kernel such as a "uinput module" and i located the download for it through liliputing.com and miniand.com ...now my error might be due to the fact i have the 1gb ram upgrade but i am not certain...seems most confirmations are from 512mb ram mk802's so hopefully there will be an update soon

the actual manufacturer of the mk802 is a company called "shenzen rikomagic tech corp., ltd"
and i am seeing variations or clones of this device on the market or they might be versions made for the chinese market for they look same but do not actually say mk802 on the device such as mine. -not confirmed but buyer beware to make sure your device says mk802 to be sure you get what you pay for.

back to the flashing procedure it is pretty simple after many errors from livesuit for incomplete .img and here is a piece of advice ---   if you go to flash and livesuit gives you a pop-up window with a yellow "!" and no details then you have an incomplete .img file and need to locate a full proper .img 

one thing i dislike about this model is there is no power switch...you simply close all apps/programs and unplug to power down as safely as possible

feel free to post questions or comments concerning this device or if you have one let me know how your device works and if you experienced same or different issues

EDIT ... I got droidmote to work pretty well after a few attempts  ;)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 02:06:56 AM by twjordo »
Guest consider a donation  - Thanks!
▌│█║▌║▌║ ⓤⓑⓔⓡⓞⓘⓓ + ⓤⓑⓔⓡⓘⓩⓔⓡ ║▌║▌║█│▌
™©®

Online twjordo

• TechKnow Co-Owner
  • Administrator
  • Uber Member
  • Thank You
Re: mk802 advice for droidmote and firmware
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2012, 05:48:46 PM »
one thing i am noticing is the picture clarity... it is awesome!!!!  but when playing a true hd movie it will have about a .5-1 second lag about every 10 minutes or so...might be a power issue since the device has no internal battery... netflix does not do this as bad (about 15-20 minutes between slight lag) as a movie on sd but picture quality is the best i have seen so far on any of my other devices
™©®

Offline leeh33

• Global Moderator
  • Uber Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 644
  • -Received: 1132
Re: mk802 advice and info
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2012, 06:22:39 PM »
Tweaking may fix this lag, Thomas. Could be a regular dirty memory write-out or other tweakable thing. Sounds good though, mate! :)

Online Hairybiker

• Global Moderator
  • Uber Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 138
  • -Received: 753
  • Linux user
  • Tablet / Size / Model: RK3066/WM8880 7" Tablets
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2012, 07:23:55 PM »
Is/was the movie 23fps? This was noticable on the MKV I have when playing 1080p 23fps files (I have been told my tv doesn't do 1080p) a slight pause every few min was the issue - but only on 23fps files.
Registered Linux user #497422. Linux Mint user (Mate edition 64bit)

Guest don't forget to read the FAQ

Online twjordo

• TechKnow Co-Owner
  • Administrator
  • Uber Member
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2012, 10:12:57 PM »
possibly it was ken..i downloaded it from the web :android-pirate: style ..-*-.. arr arrr arr ....twas under a big rock matey                                                                                               

™©®

Offline leeh33

• Global Moderator
  • Uber Member
  • Thank You
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2012, 11:33:31 PM »
I've got good results going here with my A10 tablet, Thomas - how are you fixed for things like Play Store access, Flash Player, etc.? I'm pretty confident that what's working on my tab should work on your stick PC - it's not a firmware difference that's given me more performance, it's stuff like build.prop edits, framework file changes, etc.
I know your system is gonna be different anyway - for starters, that screen res is much bigger than my 800x480! If you can get your init.rc, init.sun4i.rc and build.prop somewhere that I can read them I'd be a happy chappy!
:)

Online twjordo

• TechKnow Co-Owner
  • Administrator
  • Uber Member
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2012, 11:59:55 PM »
no problem...let me get those for you for i have root explorer on it and it wont take but a second to copy and put them here for ya...i really appreciate it!!!!

i have full market access and flash seems to be as good as possible atm...any tweaks or ideas is much appreciated though  8-)   8-)
™©®

Offline leeh33

• Global Moderator
  • Uber Member
  • Thank You
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2012, 12:20:41 AM »
If you've got full market access by default then you're onto a winner there, buddy! My tab didn't quite have full access, as a lot of apps I wanted weren't showing up - but it did show up [a lot more] paid apps, unlike other Chinese tabs have done in the past.
My 'stock' Flash also works well, but it's only recently that I've got it to upgrade OK - I'm using a Nexus S fingerprint. Some stuff is funny - I've found out a couple of new bits of info about build.prop, in that a lot more settings than I thought really make a difference. For example, if the board platform isn't set to 'exDroid' some apps (like 'Where's My Water') won't run. And another one is the screen density - cracked Dead Space wouldn't install the extra data if the density wasn't 240 and the screen auto-rotation was off. Android is a funny little beast....
:)

Online twjordo

• TechKnow Co-Owner
  • Administrator
  • Uber Member
  • Thank You
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2012, 12:38:53 AM »
thanks lee !!!!

i had not even noticed the location in the build.prop was still china   :android-devil:   that is the original
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 12:41:14 AM by twjordo »
™©®

Online twjordo

• TechKnow Co-Owner
  • Administrator
  • Uber Member
  • Thank You
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2012, 01:36:24 AM »
we have uberoid in alpha testing for the mk802 and testing is going very well....just a few more tweaks and we will have a beta for all of our members to enjoy ....i am proud to say there is not a custom rom available anywhere else in the world atm for this device and techknow will be the first forum to offer one.

here is my source for searching the world wide web https://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&aq=0&oq=mk802&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4TSNF_enUS469US471&q=mk802+custom+rom&gs_upl=0l0l0l4513lllllllllll0&aqi=g4s3&pbx=1

if you currently own this device i can tell you we will have the beta very very soon for you to enjoy  ;)
™©®

Online twjordo

• TechKnow Co-Owner
  • Administrator
  • Uber Member
  • Thank You
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2012, 02:43:52 AM »
here is a "teaser" for those that like being "teased"
mk802 uberoid custom rom
™©®

Online Hairybiker

• Global Moderator
  • Uber Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 138
  • -Received: 753
  • Linux user
  • Tablet / Size / Model: RK3066/WM8880 7" Tablets
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2012, 10:27:46 AM »
Any idea how to get iplayer working, I installed the app but it just opens a web page saying "your phone is not supported"
Registered Linux user #497422. Linux Mint user (Mate edition 64bit)

Guest don't forget to read the FAQ

Offline HardcoreHacker

• TechKnow Owner
  • Administrator
  • Uber Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6893
  • -Received: 2086
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2012, 12:33:30 PM »
Hmmm... this will require some build.prop mods, try to fake a GT-I9100 samsung model:

Code: (GT-I9100 BUILD.PROP) [Select]
# begin build properties
# autogenerated by buildinfo.sh
ro.build.id=IML74K
ro.build.display.id=IML74K.DXLP9
ro.build.version.incremental=DXLP9
ro.build.version.sdk=15
ro.build.version.codename=REL
ro.build.version.release=4.0.3
ro.build.date=Fri Apr 20 19:42:10 KST 2012
ro.build.date.utc=1334918530
ro.build.type=user
ro.build.user=dpi
ro.build.host=DELL176
ro.build.tags=release-keys
ro.product.model=GT-I9100
ro.product.brand=samsung
ro.product.name=GT-I9100
ro.product.device=GT-I9100
ro.product.board=smdk4210
ro.product.cpu.abi=armeabi-v7a
ro.product.cpu.abi2=armeabi
ro.product.manufacturer=samsung
ro.product.locale.language=en
ro.product.locale.region=GB
ro.wifi.channels=
ro.board.platform=exynos4
# ro.build.product is obsolete; use ro.product.device
ro.build.product=GT-I9100
ro.tether.denied=false
# Do not try to parse ro.build.description or .fingerprint
ro.build.description=GT-I9100-user 4.0.3 IML74K DXLP9 release-keys
ro.build.fingerprint=samsung/GT-I9100/GT-I9100:4.0.3/IML74K/DXLP9:user/release-keys
ro.build.characteristics=phone
# Samsung Specific Properties
ro.build.PDA=I9100DXLP9
ro.build.hidden_ver=I9100DXLP9
ro.build.changelist=431438
# end build properties