Author Topic: Tutorial How to install uberoid v12 beta2 wm8650 for dummy  (Read 32004 times)

Offline kerguelen

• Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Received: 1
  • Uber-Noobie
  • Tablet / Size / Model: Sylvania 8650
Re: Tutorial How to install uberoid v12 beta2 wm8650 for dummy
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2012, 04:38:41 AM »
Thank you! Thank you!
Spent a good half of the weekend looking for the right image.
It here it is now.
God bless you!

Offline vand

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • Uber-Noobie
  • Tablet / Size / Model: Wondermedia
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2012, 07:24:03 AM »
Thanks a lot
very helpful

Offline gdtiii

• Thank You
  • -Received: 0
  • Uber-Noobie
  • Tablet / Size / Model: WM8650
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2012, 08:45:56 PM »
Thanks for the tutorial...however, I followed it as you said and everything worked up through the "Remove You SD" prompt.  I did and it started to re-boot but it booted to a blank screen, not the Uberoid screen as you showed.

Now I'm not sure what to do.  Nothing seems to let me get past the blank screen.  I've let the battery fully discharge and tried to load the SD card again...didn't come back to the prompts as listed on page 5.   I've let the battery drain and tried restarting with the Changer_win.bat file loaded, but again never even got the initial prompts just a blank screen.

I did save ENV file which I'm assuming is some sort of back-up to the original, but I don't know how or what to do with it.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Offline satcomranger

• TechKnow Co-Owner
  • Administrator
  • Uber Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 315
  • -Received: 4813
  • I'm old - But still Learning
  • Tablet / Size / Model: VIA WM8650/ 7" / Option 8 / MID-703
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2012, 08:49:12 PM »
Thanks for the tutorial...however, I followed it as you said and everything worked up through the "Remove You SD" prompt.  I did and it started to re-boot but it booted to a blank screen, not the Uberoid screen as you showed.

Now I'm not sure what to do.  Nothing seems to let me get past the blank screen.  I've let the battery fully discharge and tried to load the SD card again...didn't come back to the prompts as listed on page 5.   I've let the battery drain and tried restarting with the Changer_win.bat file loaded, but again never even got the initial prompts just a blank screen.

I did save ENV file which I'm assuming is some sort of back-up to the original, but I don't know how or what to do with it.

please post the env.bin file from the sd card and post here using the attachments and other options ..
Tab 1-Via WM8650 Option 8,Green Power/Red Charge, Black Audio - Vibrate No - 2 Point Touch Uberoid V12B2
Tab 2-Flytouch 3/Superpad 3 - Axlien (Based on Tim4e)
Tab 3-Dell Streak 7 Wifi Stock Honeycomb 3.2
Tab 4-M799CA V2.0 Running TKT3.2A
Retired Electronics Tech / Network Engineer

Offline gdtiii

• Thank You
  • Uber-Noobie
« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2012, 04:27:46 AM »

please post the env.bin file from the sd card and post here using the attachments and other options ..

Here's the attachment...thanks for your help.  I'm on a flight this Sunday and hope to have things resolved so I can take the tablet with me.

Offline satcomranger

• TechKnow Co-Owner
  • Administrator
  • Uber Member
  • Thank You
« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2012, 05:06:04 PM »

Here's the attachment...thanks for your help.  I'm on a flight this Sunday and hope to have things resolved so I can take the tablet with me.
what does this mean???
" restarting with the Changer_win.bat file loaded, but again never even got the initial prompts just a blank screen."

7inch_std_vt1609_touch
options 45 56 59 61 66
« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 05:12:50 PM by satcomranger »
Tab 1-Via WM8650 Option 8,Green Power/Red Charge, Black Audio - Vibrate No - 2 Point Touch Uberoid V12B2

Offline gdtiii

• Thank You
  • Uber-Noobie
« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2012, 09:18:46 PM »

what does this mean???
" restarting with the Changer_win.bat file loaded, but again never even got the initial prompts just a blank screen."

7inch_std_vt1609_touch
options 45 56 59 61 66

After trying the tutorial's first part and it giving me a blank screen, it said if part 1 doesn't work then "try this method"...i.e, page 7 and beyond.  I loaded up a changer file as instructed, however, when I inserted the SD card, I never got the prompts as found on page 10.  In other words, once my screen went blank the first time, I've never been again able to do anything but have a blank screen.  That's why I thought letting the battery drain completely might "reset" the system so when I plugged in again it would read fresh from the SD card but that didn't work.

Offline satcomranger

• TechKnow Co-Owner
  • Administrator
  • Uber Member
  • Thank You
« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2012, 10:52:55 PM »
make sure you properly formatted the sd card ..
use a 2GB sometimes large ones will not work
start changer
choose option 30
copy to sd is yes
remove  the sd when copy complete

if it does not flash at all then something is really wrong .. when the first flash was done did u see any errors like cannot upgrade kernal nand or anything like that .?

do not post here any longer  either find a correct topic or start your own this is no longer a guide issue !

Offline app1808

• Thank You
  • Uber-Noobie
  • Tablet / Size / Model: 7in/Wondermedia WM8650
« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2012, 04:03:43 PM »
Dear all,
i follow strictly to the [How to install uberoid v12 beta2 wm8650 for dummy v2] and successfully install the rom [WM8650_Universal_Uberoid_v12_08082012_[TechKnowForum.net]] using uberoid tools  because i am not sure which one to choose.

tablet pc information
model no wondermedia wm8650
andriod v2.2
kernel version 2.6.3.2.9 - default
build number generic-eng 2.2 froyo ver 1.5.7 - 20111230.050739

i have some question hope someone can answer me
1) when i go google playstore, i cannot find some apps such as facebook icon, movie download icon (which i can find from my phone)
2) when i surf net, the screen keep flashing
3) wifi is slow
4) touch response is still not good
5) no dialer that i can make phonecall anymore
is the above normal after installing uberoid v12? what should i do to make it better?

Offline satcomranger

• TechKnow Co-Owner
  • Administrator
  • Uber Member
  • Thank You
« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2012, 05:59:12 PM »
Dear all,
i follow strictly to the [How to install uberoid v12 beta2 wm8650 for dummy v2] and successfully install the rom [WM8650_Universal_Uberoid_v12_08082012_[TechKnowForum.net]] using uberoid tools  because i am not sure which one to choose.

tablet pc information
andriod v2.2

1) when i go google playstore, i cannot find some apps such as facebook icon, movie download icon (which i can find from my phone)
3) wifi is slow
is the above normal after installing uberoid v12? what should i do to make it better?

post the env.bin file that was saved to your sd card from the first uberoidtool flash .. it HAS to be the first  flash ... apparently ou have a phone tab .. but please post some info about that tab ..
the guide needs to be re-written to use version 12.1 really need a model number .

Offline app1808

• Thank You
  • Uber-Noobie
« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2012, 01:43:51 PM »

Dear satcomranger, thank for  your reply. 

what other information will you need...there isn't any brand on the tablet pc..just a android wording on the tablet pc ...designed in USA and made in china.

attached is the ENV.BIN file.

Dear all,

tablet pc information
andriod v2.2

3) wifi is slow

post the env.bin file that was saved to your sd card from the first uberoidtool flash .. it HAS to be the first  flash ... apparently ou have a phone tab .. but please post some info about that tab ..
the guide needs to be re-written to use version 12.1 really need a model number .

Offline satcomranger

• TechKnow Co-Owner
  • Administrator
  • Uber Member
  • Thank You
« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2012, 05:15:20 PM »
app1808 .. i will look at this env.bin file .. as i stated i hope it is from your very first flash ..
DO NOT post here any more .. this is not a guide issue .. you need to post in an correct topic
YOU need to flash version 12.1 .. that will fix the flahing in the web browser
You need to flush the market to see all the apps this is in the FAQs  please read this
wifi slow ... no fix for that .. fix your internet connection .. what speed do you expect?
touch screen is resistive .. it is nothing like your phone and you need to use a stylus
the uberoidtool recognized your tablet and not necessarily that it is a phone tab .. you will need to use the changer to pick the right one ..

Now dont post in this topic again !!

Offline satcomranger

• TechKnow Co-Owner
  • Administrator
  • Uber Member
  • Thank You
« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2012, 05:22:08 PM »
app1808 .. i will look at this env.bin file .. as i stated i hope it is from your very first flash ..
DO NOT post here any more .. this is not a guide issue .. you need to post in an correct topic
You need to flush the market to see all the apps this is in the FAQs  please read this
wifi slow ... no fix for that .. fix your internet connection .. what speed do you expect?
touch screen is resistive .. it is nothing like your phone and you need to use a stylus
the uberoidtool recognized your tablet and not necessarily that it is a phone tab .. you will need to use the changer to pick the right one ..

download version 12.1 from the wm8650 rom section
format your sd card to fat32 full
unzip and change to the directory .. run changer_win.bat
use option 38
save to sd card
flah your tablet
your tablet is wms8153_7inch_2g  which is an E10 phone model

Offline app1808

• Thank You
  • Uber-Noobie
« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2012, 05:29:17 AM »
i will try if i can solve the problem using ur advice.
ok..i will not post any issue here anymore... apologise  if i cause any inconvenience

Offline MetroGnome

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • Uber-Noobie
  • Tablet / Size / Model: MID8650
« Reply #44 on: October 21, 2012, 12:32:39 AM »
Just like to confirm that this post is fantastic.
It really needs to be more prominent.

To all of you newbies, like me, who were trawling the FAQs and forums trying to make sense of it all:
just download the pdf and follow the instructions given!

Many thanks to black_championro, Dia_Betu, HcH and the forum moderators for all their efforts.

Offline tomtop.sku.c1212

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • Uber-Noobie
  • Tablet / Size / Model: WM8650_tomtop_c1212_green led,invisible SD card, Uberoid v12.1
« Reply #45 on: October 21, 2012, 12:40:41 AM »
Hey. I tried it as directed and tablet stopped working. Screen is white and nothing in it is not seen. Does not work without a card. I have 63 = c1212 tomtop.
What have I done wrong?

Offline twjordo

• TechKnow Co-Owner
  • Administrator
  • Uber Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5415
  • -Received: 2473
  • Tablet / Size / Model: =   :cool-android:    :android-wink:    :cool-android:
« Reply #46 on: October 21, 2012, 12:47:49 AM »
please search forum ---- "white screen"   8-)
Guest consider a donation  - Thanks!
▌│█║▌║▌║ ⓤⓑⓔⓡⓞⓘⓓ + ⓤⓑⓔⓡⓘⓩⓔⓡ ║▌║▌║█│▌
™©®

Offline satcomranger

• TechKnow Co-Owner
  • Administrator
  • Uber Member
  • Thank You
« Reply #47 on: October 21, 2012, 12:50:34 AM »
Hey. I tried it as directed and tablet stopped working. Screen is white and nothing in it is not seen. Does not work without a card. I have 63 = c1212 tomtop.
What have I done wrong?

and just what did you do ??
did you use the uberoidtool or the changer ?

As i see you have had problems with this tablet before .. what do you mean wont work without a card .. something is different about that tablet !

Offline tomtop.sku.c1212

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • Uber-Noobie
  • Tablet / Size / Model: WM8650_tomtop_c1212_green led,invisible SD card, Uberoid v12.1
« Reply #48 on: October 21, 2012, 02:35:10 AM »
Uff works, also v12 ,thanks Diabetes You saved me

but you need to change the wmt_script and env_uboot files !
I attash this change!
This change work  for c1212 firmware and Uberoid v11!
 c1212update.zip (1.86 kB - downloaded 64 times.)

Problem with micro sd card I still have. Uberoid v11 or v12 did not help,but looks nice also functionally. USE ONLY ROM.
It's just interesting that the flasing works and the card when it works.

Offline vkspic

• Thank You
  • -Given: 17
  • -Received: 2
  • Uber-Noobie
  • Tablet / Size / Model: Byond Mi1 Tab/7''/Cap touch/Android 4.0/Wifi/1.2 GHz/512 MB/4 GB/3D vision
« Reply #49 on: October 22, 2012, 06:14:09 PM »
thanx for your tut, i will use it now to flash my wm 8650 7 inch green led mid.

vkspic
Thanx everybody for help.
using uberoidv12, option - 45
1. Wespro WM8650/7"/ Green LED/ Android v2.2 Froyo/ Uberoid v12 (45)
2. Byond Mi1 Tab/7''/Cap touch/Android 4.0/Wifi/1.2 GHz/512 MB/4 GB/3D vision

Offline deveshprabhu

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Received: 2
  • Uber-Noobie
  • Tablet / Size / Model: MID WonderMedia WM8650
« Reply #50 on: November 01, 2012, 04:40:27 PM »
Thank you for the tutorial. The ROM got flashed and is beautiful, but I am still trying to calibrate the screen.

Offline twjordo

• TechKnow Co-Owner
  • Administrator
  • Uber Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5415
  • -Received: 2473
  • Tablet / Size / Model: =   :cool-android:    :android-wink:    :cool-android:
« Reply #51 on: November 02, 2012, 01:17:36 PM »
Thank you for the tutorial. The ROM got flashed and is beautiful, but I am still trying to calibrate the screen.

you can try to calibrate with a mouse or search forum for fixes.... there are topics for calibration  8-)
Guest consider a donation  - Thanks!
▌│█║▌║▌║ ⓤⓑⓔⓡⓞⓘⓓ + ⓤⓑⓔⓡⓘⓩⓔⓡ ║▌║▌║█│▌
™©®

Offline satcomranger

• TechKnow Co-Owner
  • Administrator
  • Uber Member
  • Thank You
« Reply #52 on: November 06, 2012, 02:09:28 AM »
I have a SYLVANIA SYNET7WIC  netbook and i want to flash it with a android OS as Windows Embedded Compact 7 is horrible. Can some one please help me ?

your post is deleted .. this is not the correct topic for you to ask for help .. either start your own  or find another thread .. this is a quide not a place to ask for help!

Offline satcomranger

• TechKnow Co-Owner
  • Administrator
  • Uber Member
  • Thank You
« Reply #53 on: November 21, 2012, 06:36:03 PM »
I have downloaded it but wont work its on a 2gb sd card can  help??

STOP posting everywhere or i will stop you from posting !!!!!!! This is second and final warning .. answer my questions !!!!!!!!

Offline danny

• Thank You
  • Uber-Noobie
  • Tablet / Size / Model: Android 6 wm8650
« Reply #54 on: November 21, 2012, 08:20:34 PM »
If tryed to download 2 and 3 but wont work

Offline danny

• Thank You
  • Uber-Noobie
  • Tablet / Size / Model: Android 6 wm8650
« Reply #55 on: November 21, 2012, 08:29:24 PM »
Shut it ur nippy and dont bloody help so go away

Offline satcomranger

• TechKnow Co-Owner
  • Administrator
  • Uber Member
  • Thank You
« Reply #56 on: November 21, 2012, 08:34:38 PM »
Shut it ur nippy and dont bloody help so go away

banned  good bye !

Offline ansor

• Thank You
  • Uber-Noobie
  • Tablet / Size / Model: imo x3 7"
« Reply #57 on: December 04, 2012, 01:23:24 PM »
my tab is imo x3, what should I do if I lose my backup environtment? so I can not use uberoid tool and after I try to select an option 27 it is success  but the touchscreen is not responding.look likes my TAB is use uor615 driver TS,and in the option no 27 there is just only vt160x

please help me master uberoid for this uberoid v12 beta installation problem

Offline satcomranger

• TechKnow Co-Owner
  • Administrator
  • Uber Member
  • Thank You
« Reply #58 on: December 04, 2012, 04:57:37 PM »
try different options .. do not post your issues in here .. it is not a guid problem .. if you do not have the orifgianl backup then you will just have to trial and error till u find the right one .. or look in faqs on how to fix touch screen  .. again start your own topic not here
please read this

Offline ansor

• Thank You
  • Uber-Noobie
  • Tablet / Size / Model: imo x3 7"
« Reply #59 on: December 05, 2012, 05:36:25 PM »
oh,I'm so sorry.I just need your help.and I just a newbie here.I'm so sorry