Author Topic: m010f problem  (Read 4253 times)

Offline jhooley

• Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Received: 4
  • Uber-Noobie
  • Tablet / Size / Model: mid wm8650
m010f problem
« on: March 20, 2012, 12:43:13 PM »
After many attemps at firmwares ,winhex and taking my tablet apart iam still no closer to finding a solution to my problem hoping anyone on here can help me as i have to fix the tablet asap or i need to buy a new one (time frame 2 weeks )

my m010f infotmic has frozen on white android letters specs that i can remember are

green on light, red charging
black audio
andriod 2.3
says m009f in specs but has m010f written on mother board ?
i have seen a video to flash internal sd card so opened it up only to find there was no internal sd card so cant do that
everytime i downlaod firmware i put it on sd card put it in tablet says booting from sd slot for about a second then says fininshed booting remove sd and reboot (this doesnt seem right to me )
iam at my wits end i have tired lots of firmwares and things but nothing can someone please help me as iam a complete noob at these things : (  :android-cry:

Offline HardcoreHacker

• Administrator
  • Uber Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6293
  • -Received: 1916
Re: m010f problem
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2012, 01:28:37 PM »
Hi Jhooley,

I'll be honest here, I don't know too much about these devices myself. But I do know the M010F has 2 kinds of kernels, maybe causing these problems for you.

Go to: http://eken.com/support/
Download: m009f firmware (m009fad23.rar)

I'm not 100% sure, but I think I've seen in that archive the files needed for flashing. I'm downloading it now to see if that's really the one we need for that other kernel, but we need this firmware anyway to test.

Furthermore I know that x64 machines have problems with the included cracked version of WinHex (it's a bit wierd that Eken offers the ZWT cracked version of WinHex, but ok...). So make sure you try this operation on some old x86 XP machine to rule out WinHex as a problem.

Hope this helps.

HcH

Offline jhooley

• Thank You
  • Uber-Noobie
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2012, 01:32:24 PM »
thanks for quick reply hav tryed this firmware from this site and stillthe same have also tried winhex on xp machine still nothing have just seen a post where it might work with cables ?

Offline HardcoreHacker

• Administrator
  • Uber Member
  • Thank You
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2012, 01:39:46 PM »
Hi jhooley,

Well I think using the infotmic burn tool, problem is I can't even start it here, crashes, and I'm too lazy to figure out how to get it work since I'm not very positive about these tablets, I didn't care too much for them to figure it all out.

HcH

Offline fluffkitten

• Global Moderator
  • Uber Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 355
  • -Received: 414
  • Obsessed.
  • Tablet / Size / Model: 7" Allwinner A23, Q8H
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2012, 01:40:03 PM »
thanks for quick reply hav tryed this firmware from this site and stillthe same have also tried winhex on xp machine still nothing have just seen a post where it might work with cables ?

Not sure if you've tried the firmware in this post but it might work for you.

I can't test the flash method or firmware for the clones as I don't have one but I believe you may need to use a USB A to USB A cable in the outer USB slot of the adapter and then use IUW.exe to do the flashing. IUW.exe seems to be the only thing that recognises the tablet on a PC.
a caffeine addict and known hater of mornings

7" Allwinner A23, Q8H

Offline fluffkitten

• Global Moderator
  • Uber Member
  • Thank You
  • Obsessed.
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2012, 01:41:24 PM »
Hi jhooley,

Well I think using the infotmic burn tool, problem is I can't even start it here, crashes, and I'm too lazy to figure out how to get it work since I'm not very positive about these tablets, I didn't care too much for them to figure it all out.

HcH

The thing is a right pain, on anything other than xp 32 bit it appears to require administrator mode. *grump*  :(

7" Allwinner A23, Q8H

Offline HardcoreHacker

• Administrator
  • Uber Member
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2012, 01:49:02 PM »
Maybe it just need dotnet installed, as a true nerd I have plenty of systems at home, 64bit/32bit and 7/xp, no luck at any of these systems running the tool :( I am btw amazed that the forum is not full of people complaining this tool fails to start since my personal experience is that it runs quite bad. Wierd thing is, the tool can perform some actions when I don't close the error.

Offline fluffkitten

• Global Moderator
  • Uber Member
  • Thank You
  • Obsessed.
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2012, 02:15:22 PM »
Maybe it just need dotnet installed, as a true nerd I have plenty of systems at home, 64bit/32bit and 7/xp, no luck at any of these systems running the tool :( I am btw amazed that the forum is not full of people complaining this tool fails to start since my personal experience is that it runs quite bad. Wierd thing is, the tool can perform some actions when I don't close the error.

It bombs out quite nicely when you try running it under wine on linux. *blah*  :(
Think both terratek and southoz have successfully flased their clones using IUW and the firmware terratek linked to.

Might buy myself and A to A cable (or adapter) and see whether I can get IUW to see an M7206. Still more curious about than infuriated with InfoTM tablets though that might change when I've saved up for something faster.  :)

7" Allwinner A23, Q8H

Offline jhooley

• Thank You
  • Uber-Noobie
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2012, 02:17:15 PM »
Is there a way i can flash the tablet and reinstall android like i said i am a complete noob at these things , what would you suggest i try first ?

Offline jhooley

• Thank You
  • Uber-Noobie
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2012, 02:23:03 PM »
and should i use a xp system or is it ok todo it off my 7 i must be doing sommat wrong ? is it bricked is that the problem coz it just hangs on white android screen ? help

Offline HardcoreHacker

• Administrator
  • Uber Member
  • Thank You
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2012, 02:38:54 PM »
Hey Jhooley,

the firmware "M009Fad23.rar" is just downloaded, here are the files I was talking about a few posts back:

Gmac-30P
UsbtoEth-5P

From what I've understood, this only applies to the dongle, but somehow I doubt it, the source of that knowledge wasn't too reliable.

So try flashing both of those, I think 1 should work for your model.

Good luck,

HcH

Offline HardcoreHacker

• Administrator
  • Uber Member
  • Thank You
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2012, 02:39:28 PM »
and should i use a xp system or is it ok todo it off my 7 i must be doing sommat wrong ? is it bricked is that the problem coz it just hangs on white android screen ? help
Yep, use xp

Offline jhooley

• Thank You
  • Uber-Noobie
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2012, 02:43:28 PM »
thanks hardcore so format sd card then do i put the moo9fad.rar floder in sd card or just these file complete idiot i must sound like but if its not to much trouble could you give me a brief step by step if its not 2 much trouble .

Offline fluffkitten

• Global Moderator
  • Uber Member
  • Thank You
  • Obsessed.
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2012, 02:44:48 PM »
Hey Jhooley,

the firmware "M009Fad23.rar" is just downloaded, here are the files I was talking about a few posts back:

Gmac-30P
UsbtoEth-5P

From what I've understood, this only applies to the dongle, but somehow I doubt it, the source of that knowledge wasn't too reliable.

Good luck,

HcH

Think the 30 pin flashes iirc but you do need to avoid flashing the u-boot-nand.bin, its subtly different and may brick the tablet. Eep! Luckily its in a separate folder.

Not trying to be annoying and constantly follow up HcH here.  :( I'm a bit embarrassed I seem to be though.

jhooley: grab the update tool from http://www.techknow.t0xic.nl/forum/index.php?topic=714.0
There is a basic howto in it. You'll probably need to flash via your PC than the SD card though. If you read through the thread I linked to earlier you'll be able to see peoples experiences with this. Hopethat helps.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 02:58:26 PM by fluffkitten »

7" Allwinner A23, Q8H

Offline jhooley

• Thank You
  • Uber-Noobie
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2012, 02:57:37 PM »
Hey Jhooley,

Gmac-30P
UsbtoEth-5P

Good luck,

HcH

Think the 30 pin flashes iirc but you do need to avoid flashing the u-boot-nand.bin, its subtly different and may brick the tablet. Eep! Luckily its in a separate folder.

its a 25 pin i think as a ipod lead is 30 and the connecter thing i got with it is slightly smaller : (

Offline fluffkitten

• Global Moderator
  • Uber Member
  • Thank You
  • Obsessed.
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2012, 03:01:05 PM »

its a 25 pin i think as a ipod lead is 30 and the connecter thing i got with it is slightly smaller : (

You'll need a USB A to USB A cable andplug it into the USB port furthest on the adapter from the tablet. There is a suggestion that iPaq cables might work but I don't know if anyone has actually tried one.

7" Allwinner A23, Q8H

Offline jhooley

• Thank You
  • Uber-Noobie
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2012, 03:04:26 PM »
trying to sorce one of those cables now  :android-cry: will try and keep you all updated : )

Offline HardcoreHacker

• Administrator
  • Uber Member
  • Thank You
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2012, 03:05:08 PM »
Hey Jhooley,

Gmac-30P
UsbtoEth-5P

Good luck,

HcH

Not trying to be annoying and constantly follow up HcH here.  :( I'm a bit embarrassed I seem to be though.

Well that's certainly not how I see it! I don't know too much about these tablets myself so I'm very happy that you (or Leeh33 or Twjordo or HairyBiker or any other) infotmictechie jumps in! For good advice such as not using the u-boot-nand.bin, I already deleted that file of all the firmware I upload so I didn't remember to warn a user who's about to flash the original (and a bit dangerous) firmware.

@Jhooley: As for instructions:

Here you go: http://www.techknow.t0xic.nl/forum/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=8

The complete flash guide!

Good luck!

HcH

Offline emacho

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Received: 118
  • Uber-Noobie
  • Tablet / Size / Model: See signature
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2012, 07:06:13 PM »
Just out of curiosity, have you tried using the m010f firmware from www.eken.com?  I think that one uses an SD method for flashing.

I'm a bit behind on where/how people are fixing the m010f clones, but do know they are a pain.
Epad [Via 8650] :: m799ca && Eken M009F [Infotmic X210] ::  Wopad V7plus [vc882] :: Ployer Momo9 &&  Eken T02 [Allwinner]  ::  Asus transformer [Tegra]

Offline fluffkitten

• Global Moderator
  • Uber Member
  • Thank You
  • Obsessed.
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2012, 07:44:08 PM »
Just out of curiosity, have you tried using the m010f firmware from www.eken.com?  I think that one uses an SD method for flashing.

I'm a bit behind on where/how people are fixing the m010f clones, but do know they are a pain.

They no longer have m010f firmware there.  :( Just the m009f files and the update tool.

7" Allwinner A23, Q8H

Offline jhooley

• Thank You
  • Uber-Noobie
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2012, 08:25:19 PM »
Bought wire today so hopefully this will work will be trying 2moz thanks for all your help again fluff and hardcore will keep you updated : )

Offline jhooley

• Thank You
  • Uber-Noobie
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2012, 11:18:46 AM »
ok so got the wire used burn tool as instructed update went great but got stuck on calibrating then sorted that out by searching forums for touch screen not workingtop post the rightto the bottem of the thread use the link thats there use the burn tool once agan wth the settings that are in the folder

mission accomplised tablet working again now i just need to get rid of the market on here for one that willlet me down load kindle and other apps

thanks guys for all you support : )
 :android-lol: :android-lol: :android-lol: :android-lol: :android-lol:

Offline HardcoreHacker

• Administrator
  • Uber Member
  • Thank You
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2012, 11:28:48 AM »
Hey jhooley!

Alright! You bring very good news!

Enjoy!

HcH

Offline fluffkitten

• Global Moderator
  • Uber Member
  • Thank You
  • Obsessed.
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2012, 01:45:23 PM »
jhooley,

Thank you for posting that. Its always lovely to hear when something goes right.  :)

7" Allwinner A23, Q8H

Offline emacho

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Received: 118
  • Uber-Noobie
  • Tablet / Size / Model: See signature
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2012, 03:17:25 PM »
Any chance you could do a step by step write up?   This tablet could use a good source for fixing this problem as it seems to be happening more and more. 

Epad [Via 8650] :: m799ca && Eken M009F [Infotmic X210] ::  Wopad V7plus [vc882] :: Ployer Momo9 &&  Eken T02 [Allwinner]  ::  Asus transformer [Tegra]

Offline jhooley

• Thank You
  • Uber-Noobie
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2012, 07:34:01 PM »
Yes not a problem will get on with a step by step for you : )

Offline jhooley

• Thank You
  • Uber-Noobie
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2012, 07:55:45 PM »
So after my success here is a step by step guide

file's you will need

M009F firmware from www.eken.com/supportt
infotmic burning tool from www.eken.com/support
infotmic_x210 burningtoolguide by phelzier

create two folders on your desktop one called firmware and the other burning tool download each of the above and extract into corresponding desktop folder.

open burning tool guide follow instructions i used 30 as it was closest pin number to what i had DO NOT FILL IN TH UO PART UNTICK IF TICKED
Follow the rest of the guide as instructed

your tablet should now be working again

i did get stuck on recalibration screen lost touch screen if this has happened to you read below

DOWNLOAD
http://www.fabtech.net/infotmic23_5v_24p.rar

create new folder on desktop called firmware2 (or whatever will make it different from folder we made earlier)

download above link and extract it to this folder go back to burning tool and change required features as in before in the guide remembering to leave  UO unticked   

after burning tool has finished restart tablet touch screen should now be working.

I do not take any responsibility if this does not work or bricks your tablet 

Jhooley :android-rules:   
thanks to

Hardcorehacker and fluffkitten : )

Offline jhooley

• Thank You
  • Uber-Noobie
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2012, 07:58:03 PM »
If anyone knows of any way to better this tablet eg english marketplace, sound ,mic anything please let me know thanks
jhooley

Offline rikr2

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Received: 0
  • Uber-Noobie
  • Tablet / Size / Model: M009F/7"/Android 2.3.3
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2012, 07:26:22 PM »
So after my success here is a step by step guide

file's you will need

M009F firmware from www.eken.com/supportt
infotmic burning tool from www.eken.com/support
infotmic_x210 burningtoolguide by phelzier

create two folders on your desktop one called firmware and the other burning tool download each of the above and extract into corresponding desktop folder.

open burning tool guide follow instructions i used 30 as it was closest pin number to what i had DO NOT FILL IN TH UO PART UNTICK IF TICKED
Follow the rest of the guide as instructed

your tablet should now be working again

i did get stuck on recalibration screen lost touch screen if this has happened to you read below

DOWNLOAD
http://www.fabtech.net/infotmic23_5v_24p.rar

create new folder on desktop called firmware2 (or whatever will make it different from folder we made earlier)

download above link and extract it to this folder go back to burning tool and change required features as in before in the guide remembering to leave  UO unticked   

after burning tool has finished restart tablet touch screen should now be working.

I do not take any responsibility if this does not work or bricks your tablet 

Jhooley :android-rules:   
thanks to

Hardcorehacker and fluffkitten : )

Hi I have this model table M010F on board... but I want to know with cable did you use for flash because I don't have a 24 or 25 pin cable usb for that
thnks

Offline fluffkitten

• Global Moderator
  • Uber Member
  • Thank You
  • Obsessed.
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2012, 07:55:11 PM »

Hi I have this model table M010F on board... but I want to know with cable did you use for flash because I don't have a 24 or 25 pin cable usb for that
thnks

You need to use a USB male to USB male cable in the USB socket furthest from the tablet.

7" Allwinner A23, Q8H